IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tss
9/7/15, 12:25 AM   #31
bmemmer

Kyle and the 3r team are clicking on all cylinders right now. You can't ask for a better time for this to happen with two big 10,000 to win shows coming up. They have found something in that car and he has so much foward bite coming off no matter where he is running. Sure is fun to watch and hopefully finshes this season strong.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, SisterToThe3c
9/7/15, 12:40 AM   #32
Re: Tss
Rpracing1

Now that I know B. Short is ok.................I hope Photographers are able to post some pics of that , as that was a pretty spectacular out of the ball park flip. Miracle that he or no one else was hurt. Bet he will be a sore puppy for the next few days though.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ryan84
9/7/15, 1:30 AM   #33
jim goerge

Most of the people who know me know that I:m not real religious, but as Brady was sailing over the billboards I said a quick prayer. Man that scared me. So glad he:s ok. Before that OMG what a race Brady and Kyle were putting on it was crazy I can:t remember when cars were thrown in to the turns like that. The 3r team has found something and turned that car around,.

9/7/15, 2:01 AM   #34
Flatrightrear

After talking with Kyle at Kokomo I think the team is letting Kyle call some shots on setting up the car and it has made all the difference. On Brady's flip you could tell he was pushing the limit on that move after Kyle got by him in turn four. Glad he is OK. Great smooth run by Brandon Mattox and I hope he has a great run here the next few weeks to end this tough season on a high note.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil, SisterToThe3c, wildman92
9/7/15, 3:18 AM   #35
Jerry Shaw

There are good races, there are great races and there are those that are ran with such a level of intensity that as a race fan, you just get drawn into. For that short period of time, you're not aware of anything else. The first 17 laps of this race was one of the latter.

When the green was waved, Carson Short out drag raced Dakota Jackson into turn one and took the early lead. Jackson was then under assault by Brady Short and would lose that spot to him. So Brady chased Carson for a couple laps, as Dakota was having third taken from him by Kyle Cummins. Carson would have a couple of bobbles losing the lead to Brady and second to Kyle. At that point, as a crowd, we all knew "It is now on!" And for the rest of the first half of this 30 lapper, as Jim said, we all watched two drivers fly around the top of this race course, driving as hard into the turns at both ends of the track as I can remember seeing. Brady had the lead, but each and every lap Kyle was just all over him. In open track, in and out of lapped traffic, it didn't matter, these two were flying. It was a thing of beauty to watch. Kyle gave Brady many, many looks and made multiple challenges for his lead, but each time, Brady would fight him off. There were a couple of yellows, but the significant one came on lap 17. On that restart, Kyle hung with Brady well and chased him down the backstretch. Whey entered turn three, Kyle threw a big slider and executed it perfectly and seized the lead for the first time, coming out of turn four. Short being Brady Short, immediately went back after Kyle, chasing him into turn one. He backed it in some, attacking the turn aggressively and when he was sliding sideways through the turn, he caught, barrel rolled, vaulted before he got to the wall and went sailing over a billboard, airborne into the pits. It was a frightening looking flip. Everybody just held their breath, not only till we found out Brady was ok and had walked to the ambulance, but also that there was nobody back there in the area that he had landed. Thank God, the answer to both was what we all wanted to hear. And a few minutes later, a quad runner entered the track from the pit entrance and the crowd cheered loudly, because on the back of this vehicle was a roughed up looking, but alert Brady Short, waving to the crowd. After all this and when they were pushing everybody back off, there was a bit of a letdown. Because before the accident, we were in the middle of a classic Haubstadt barn burner. It had been great and was probably going to go down to the wire between these two warriors and only get better. With Short suddenly out of the picture, the race was essentially over. Because, other than Brady, nobody was even close to having anything for Kyle. And when the green came back out, on two separate occasions, he just drove away. Carson Short was second, but instead of having a chance at the leader, he was in imminent danger of losing his spot to Brandon Mattox, which he did. And with a couple of laps left, he fell victim to a hard charging Kent Schmidt, who took the last podium spot away from Carson. Kyle's deserved to win one here for a long time. It was good seeing him seal the deal, since he had lost several great races by a few feet or less, in recent history here. And not only was it a hard fought and well deserved win, but it was also a very popular one, too. And as happy as he was to be the winner, he was no more ecstatic than Brandon and Kent were for what they had accomplished.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/7/15 at 5:45 PM.

9/7/15, 10:37 AM   #36
Rpracing1

Congrats to Kent Schmidt on the podium run. C.Short gonna get you one here shortly. Not sure if the Raceceivers were working very well last night or what ,but it sure took one heck of a long time to get fields lined up and in place during cautions????? Night cooled off nicely, brought a couple of first timers to the track and they liked. Buddy Michael Hussmann in his first night out in mod looked good, unfortunately he was in the wrong place several times! Kyle Cummins just put his address on his new house. Can't wait for next TSS event, as they are events!

9/7/15, 3:30 PM   #37
jim goerge

While Kyle and Brady were the class of the field, I want to give a shout out to two guys who drove the best I have ever seen them drive, Brandon Mattox and Kent Schmidt. Everytime I have seen Brandon race he"s been fast but things have broke or been in wrong place at wrong time. Last night he was driving like we all knew he could, throwing big sliders, in general gassing it up. I asked Jerry if Kent was in 5th and he said yeah, I thought that's kool cuz like Brandon Kent has had the same kind of luck. But neither of them were done as they kept standing on that pedal and looked like old pro's out there. I agree with Bob about taking a long time lining up the fields in each class, knew something wasn't quite right when Tom was on the track telling drivers where to go besides Kevin in turn 2, Allen in 4 and Moe up in the flag stand. It didn't bother me cuz next day is a holiday and best of all I was at a great race track. Thanks Tri State Speedway

9/7/15, 8:21 PM   #38
djbamber

I remember going to TSS for Sprintweek in 2002. I didn't think much about the track until the two cars first out cleared the fence in turns 1 & 2 on their first time trial lap. I sat up and paid attention closely after that.

1 member likes this post: ryan84
9/7/15, 8:43 PM   #39
MMSA

MSCS was awesome last night!
Glad to see Brady was un-injured..
Thank You Tri-State for letting us be a support class!

3 members like this post: Flatrightrear, jim goerge, ryan84
9/7/15, 8:51 PM   #40
ryan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMSA View Post
MSCS was awesome last night!
Glad to see Brady was un-injured..
Thank You Tri-State for letting us be a support class!
We enjoyed watching yalls class. Good show

2 members like this post: Flatrightrear, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tss