IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Williams Grove last night
8/4/12, 10:27 AM   #1
Williams Grove last night
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

August 3, 2012 Feature Finishes:

410 sprint cars, 25 laps: 1. Steve Buckwalter, 2. Don Kreitz Jr., 3. Doug Esh, 4. Danny Dietrich, 5. Brent Marks, 6. Chad Layton, 7. Lance Dewease, 8. Fred Rahmer, 9. Ryan Smith, 10. Adam Wilt, 11. Alan Krimes, 12. Brian Montieth, 13. Pat Cannon, 14. Greg Hodnett, 15. Davey Sammons, 16. Derek Sell, 17. Michael Ruttkamp, 18. Curt Michael, 19. Troy Fraker, 20. Cory Haas, 21. Glenndon Forsythe, 22. Todd Zinn, 23. Jim Shuster, 24. Aaron Ott

DNQ: Dylan Cisney, Jay Reichard, Rick Lafferty

URC 358/360 Sprint Nationals, 25 laps: 1. Tony Stewart, 2. Aaron Ott, 3. Chad Trout, 4. Robbie Stillwaggon, 5. Davie Franek, 6. Eric Tomecek, 7. Randy West, 8. Ryan Bohlke, 9. Ed Aiken, 10. Josh Weller, 11. Tim Berkheimer, 12. Andy Best, 13. Kevin Darling, 14. Tim Hogue, 15. Jimmy Stitzel, 16. Joey Biasi, 17. Bryn Gohn, 18. Steve Downs, 19. JJ Grasso, 20. Mark Bitner, 21. Ryan Wilson, 22. Jonathan Swanson, 23. Scott Lutz, 24. Dave Betts

DNQ: Art Leidl, Kramer Williamson, Fink, Miller, Riggins, Mazy, Fisher, Swanson, Brian Garland, Denny Garl

A couple guys won last night that you might know.

8/4/12, 11:19 AM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I actually attended this race. I'm stuck with the wife on my first trip out east in Maryland. I thought it would be cool to see this place and hoped for maybe some halfway decent winged racing. The Grove is such a cool race track in person and beautiful track prep and surface, no dust. Feeling like a fish out of water, to my delight, Tony Stewart showed up for the $4000 to win 360 race and Steve Buckwalter whom I know fairly well was in a 410. I especially enjoyed the first 3 heats before the track crew thinned down the cushion. There was plenty of action with one guy barrel rolling 5 or 6 times out of the park in turn 1. He was ok, so I can say it was a cool wreck. The 410 feature was real good especially the finish with a 3 car battle for the lead on the last lap. In the end the two non-wing guys prevailed over wing only guys, allowing me to silently gloat to myself! My uncle had offered me $20 to wear my USAC wings are for wimps t-shirt and take a picture of it with me in the stands! That probably wouldn't have gone over too well with the guy behind me who I had had an exchange of words with as it was! To everyone who knows me, I want to reiterate; I went to see the track...they just happened to be racing something that night. Have fun in Oskaloosa 2 hours from my home while I'm stuck out here! I am flying back in time for Springfield.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/4/12, 12:01 PM   #3
Re: Williams Grove last night
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I hope you're going to find a few hours to go to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing: http://emmr.org/

It'll be time well spent!

8/4/12, 12:26 PM   #4
Sprintcarfanatic

I did that back in 98 & it was cool, they may have built on by now. I also met Tommy Hinnerschitz about 6mos before he passed on. They have his garage in there complete with car. By all means go.

8/4/12, 1:16 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Thanks a bunch for letting me know about that. I'll try to make it there next Friday.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/4/12, 3:34 PM   #6
tamale wagon

last night at the Grove with 360 under the hood....

6 members like this post: davidm, Jimmydiesel, ronmil, Russ, tim brown, TNRustler
8/4/12, 4:22 PM   #7
tim brown

what a racer

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Williams Grove last night