IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer
11/3/09, 10:31 PM   #31
Re: craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer
Need For Speed

The craziest thing I saw was at Waynesfield.

T-Mez drilled the round bales at the start of the guard rail in turn 3, on the first lap of his heat race, did a high flyer, landing right side up as he rips the traffic light off of the fence. Comes out for the B and starts last, and wins it. He starts 19th in the feature, and ROMPS his way up to 3rd with 2 laps to go in the 25 lap race, then tags the guard rail in the center of 3-4, and gets a flat RR...still ends up 7th.

He was flat out driving Hazen's 57 like he stole it!!

11/3/09, 10:35 PM   #32
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Craziest thing I saw was ANDREW S. QUINN drinking one of those Dingaling beers
Areo sitting at kokomo Labor day weekend in swetpants hoodie ,drinkin BUD.Got pictures to proff it.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, racefan20
11/3/09, 10:52 PM   #33
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

#1 Seeing Fishburger sitting in turn 2 stands watching Lucas Oil Late Models, wearing his elvis disguise outfit.
#2 I was driving the tractor with the lely attached, Tim Johnson was in the water truck coming up the frontstretch towards the track entrance where about 60 late model teams were seeing what we were doing to the track. Tim turned on the side sprayer just as he was next to the entrance, soaked them all, I was laughing so hard, i could'nt see a thing from the tears. Its one of those....you had to be there moments.

11/3/09, 11:16 PM   #34
1BIGracefan

MSCS show @ Haubstadt between Brady Short & BC side x side for like 17 laps never touched a wheel.

11/3/09, 11:44 PM   #35
racephoto1

Craziest, which I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet, was Shane Hmeil at Kokomo. He takes a huge flyer, lands on his wheels and drives off.

BC and Levi at Haubstadt for sprint week title.Hardest I have ever scene those two drive ever.Title comes down to those two and they settle it wide open.

11/4/09, 12:37 AM   #36
ColoradoFan

Don't get to many races but I have two.
#1 DD and the Rocket at Oskalooska, had no idea who won
#2 Brady Bacon and Hud Cone for 10 amazing laps for $10,000 at Kansas City.

Vern Plotts
Last edited by ColoradoFan; 11/4/09 at 1:06 AM.

11/4/09, 12:41 AM   #37
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Oh, yeah, I forgot the craziest thing that I saw in racing. Houston Raceway Park, after sending out press releases about the upcoming 2010 season, including class changes, sponsors, etc. takes it all back on the last points night, stating that there would be no weekly racing on the dirt oval in 2010 AND that the points fund for the 2009 season would not be honored. Of course, there was no press release for that.
Cmakin, you just described what the Phoenix Race Fans experienced in March of this year. Manzy's race schedule was set for the year, sponsors secured, held their kick off race of the season with USAC Silver Crown, Sprints and Midgets, a month later WOO ran there and a month later they closed for good on Easter Weekend after 58 years.
Your post and Joe Mc's reminded me that Manzy closing was the craziest thing I ever saw in racing.

Patti

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
11/4/09, 1:23 AM   #38
hoosierfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Craziest, which I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet, was Shane Hmeil at Kokomo. He takes a huge flyer, lands on his wheels and drives off.
That would be the flip and wall ride I was talking about and I would have to add Whitt coming off of turn 4 about 4-5 cars lengths behind Faas and barely nipping him at the line. Chuck had that car hooked up at Kokomo all year

11/4/09, 10:53 AM   #39
lambracing

I would have to agree with the Niflis win at bloomington. He drove a heck of a race. Most exciting moment of the year.

11/4/09, 12:22 PM   #40
duel

the craziest thing for me was seeing 6 different sprint cars out of 24 get upside down at the gas city final. most exciting moment had to be the IRL race at Chicagoland and the gas city final sprint feature.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > craziest or most exciting moment in a race this summer