IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Blanket Policy
7/10/16, 7:25 PM   #1
Blanket Policy
chastaj

Let me vent for a moment. I'm at Lawrenceburg and looking at at least 20 seats that have blankets down right in the middle of the grand stands. Qualifications are over and heat races getting ready to begin, and NO ONE has showed up to set there. Gas City is getting crucified for removing blankets, but its people like this that really ruin things. If your going to reserve seats at least have the decency to come and set in them and watch the action. I have seen several elderly people struggle to get up the stairs only to have to turn around because a blanket is down. Tracks need to quit allowing this

7/10/16, 7:50 PM   #2
Wingman

I consider Lawrenceburg my home track and Love the place. But I have seen people allowed to use caution tape to mark off 20-25 seats so it is not just blankets.Same scenario nobody in the seats and track does nothing about it. The blanket thing has to go as many people have said.

Reserved seating period is the way to go. End of story.

7/10/16, 9:14 PM   #3
Tall Jackson

If some one pays their $25 and marks a seat, what it is to you how long they sit in their seat.

7/10/16, 9:18 PM   #4
chastaj

Because I just set here tonight and watch at least 4 different areas with blankets covering enough space for 5-6 people and only 2-3 come and set there, so dont see how that's fair for fans or promoter

7 members like this post: bn kleen, DirtHawk92, jdull99, PIT CART, ryan84, team3521, Wingman
7/10/16, 9:22 PM   #5
Tall Jackson

The fair is over, every one knows the blanket game & how to play it.some times you loose some times you win. It's been this way for 20+ years

2 members like this post: Indy1808, tirespinner
7/10/16, 9:33 PM   #6
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Right on Jared...

7/10/16, 10:08 PM   #7
Rpracing1

If I see stuff like that and no one shows up after first heat....it gets ripped up and moved as necessary.

Its a general admission seat. If you mark it , use it. Otherwise buy a reserved seat.

Sorry about the sourness. Maybe due to the fact that some Lowlife stole my seat cushion at Gas City when it was taped down. I was gone for about an hour and some ******* stole it. And yes I was going to sit on it.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/11/16 at 5:53 PM. Reason: spelling

6 members like this post: Hotrod, interpreter66, ryan84, SPRINTCAR, v8j, Wingman
7/11/16, 12:14 AM   #8
HoosierMikey

I came in around 11 am and put my blanket down for 3 people. She is disabled and can't do very many steps. We got there about 1/2 way through qualifications. It really helped us being able to do that as she only only had to do about 3 or 4 steps.

7/11/16, 12:42 AM   #9
5JMOFFATTFAN!

I see know issue with unless you go to the tracks that let people leave them year round. I don't know if any of them still do but there was a couple that I can remember years ago that did. Also we put blankets down early and sometimes especially if it's really hot we will hangout in the shade until it's close to heat racing time.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, tirespinner
7/11/16, 2:52 AM   #10
Re: Blanket Policy
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

I'll give it till hotlaps starts. Once the first green flag flies for hotlaps, well im moving your stuff if that's where I want to sit. And we can discuss it as politely or un-politely as you would like. Makes no difference to me.

6 members like this post: 2HWrench, bn kleen, crew chief, FEATHERDUSTER, ossuks, Wingman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Blanket Policy