IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth Speedway Battle At The Bullring 6/16
6/9/12, 10:35 PM   #1
Plymouth Speedway Battle At The Bullring 6/16
RaceChick27

Mark your calendar for this coming Saturday, June 16th when the Engine Pro ASCS Sprints on Dirt featuring part time World of Outlaw driver and full time Nascar Sprint Car driver, Tony Stewart along with the 600 Wing Mini Sprints will battle it out on the Plymouth Speedway dirt track. Don’t miss your chance to race in front of a sellout crowd that is getting national recognition. With such a large crowd expected gates are opening at 2:00 pm for additional information go to www.plymouthspeedway.net.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/11/12, 8:14 AM   #2
Re: Plymouth Speedway Battle At The Bullring 6/16
racerX

Stopped by the track yesterday and went in the office, Phone was ringing off the hook!!!. Heard alot of people are camping up there Friday night and going to the Friday night show so they can get a good seat for Saturday.

6/11/12, 12:04 PM   #3
sfracer55

Let's keep this at the top! Track prep for the dirt started over the past weekend. Can't wait to work the pits. Lots of talk in town about both events!

6/12/12, 9:08 AM   #4
racer-x

Any idea on who will be there and car count?

6/12/12, 10:03 AM   #5
Eric Smith

I will. So there will be at least 2 sprints now.

6/12/12, 11:36 AM   #6
sfracer55

Not sure how we can predict car count? But SOD has 29 drivers with points. I am guessing not all those will show but some nonSOD regulars will likely show to compete against Smoke. We will have a full field of sprints.

600 sprints could be 20-40. Hornets about 8 but more may attend for the big show.

Either way, it WILL be a blast for the drivers and fans!

6/12/12, 12:52 PM   #7
The Old Coyote

I know the mini sprints are winged. Are the regular sprints wing or non-wing?

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

In the words of the great Gilda Radner "Never mind". I found it at http://www.sprintsondirt.com/

6/12/12, 8:46 PM   #8
RaceChick27

Saturday, June 16th price change for pits - $30.00 for ALL team members. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and enjoying themselves for a great night of racing.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/13/12, 3:56 PM   #9
racerX

The Sprints running will be SOD wing sprints. I know that alot of people are planniing on camping Friday and Saturday. I believe it will be huge, Top Speed Modifieds are saying they may have up to 30 plus cars now, they have been getting calls from OHIO, Michigan, and Indiana for this event on Asphalt Friday night. They said there are alot of presold tickets for Saturday. Maybe it will be a sellout!!!! I know they are having a Pre Race Party with a band and the Boot Camp Challenge by the National Guard Saturday. Gates Open at 2 and first come first serve seating.... www.plymouthspeedway.net

6/17/12, 11:43 AM   #10
Eric Smith

Neat little track. Too bad that little rainstorm came through after we all unloaded. I think the kids that were catching catfish out of the newly formed lake coming out of 2 down the backstratch didn't mind. Track crew did a nice job of getting the water out of there and trying to run the track in. Not their fault, but the track was so rough and the ruts were so bad and the cusion was so big, it would have been huggy pole and there would not have been any passing at all. The race would have finished 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12,14, 16 starting positions barring crashed and breakdowns. The outside lane would have bounced around out in the muck until the inside lane went by and they could get down there and try to go. I think things would have been different if it had been lacking one particular personality we had to wait for to arrive. And once he finally got there, we still couldn't start until he was ready. I think we could have gotten the show in if we didn't have to wait. But I totally understand the reason, and sure won't begrudge anyone for it. I really wish the track people and SOD people would have communicated with each other. At least 6 times a track dude (either on the PA or coming by the pits) would tell us all one thing and a SOD dude would tell us the complete opposite, within a minute of each other each time. Big bummer to not get home til 4AM and not even get to race. But we'll be back in August.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth Speedway Battle At The Bullring 6/16