IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great field of cars at Lincoln Park Speedway this afternoon.
4/11/22, 6:45 PM   #21
Re: Great field of cars at Lincoln Park Speedway this aftern
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I don’t know if any of you follow Kenny Wallace on Twitter? He had a post this weekend about this subject. I encourage everyone to find it and watch it. Then let us know what you think

Kenny's great for comedy. But then he'll go and say, That's the same Nascar Toyota Truck motor in that modified anyone can buy for 40k. I replied to that one time, A 40k motor in what was a claimer class meant to keep cost down?

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, Leohr46, oppweld
4/11/22, 9:53 PM   #22
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Ever wonder why promoters don’t pay more in Indiana, 39 cars including top teams for $1500 to win. That explains it all.
I am going to start by saying that I have only been a member on here for a month or so. I'm not here to cause problems, start arguments, bickering, none of it. I'm here to learn, be educated, and read useful information. So next, thank you to DirtTrackCowboy for the results...single, married, kids, work, etc, I'm sure you have a life besides OpenWheel chatting, so thank you for taking the time out of your life and posting the results for myself and others who couldnt make it due to work, family, health, etc...Charles I appreciate everything you put on OpenWheel as well, almost always, good useful information, including comedy haha, you as well Flagboy. Now to you Mr. Staggerman...I have no idea who you are, it's not about that, again not looking for an argument...why dont promoters have a bigger purse for weekly shows. Well my home track is Kokomo. Honestly never had been to any track besides Kokomo until I was 37 years old and which I'm now 39, met and have a great group of friends that I am so fortunate, thankful, and blessed to have in my life and they started taking me to other tracks. Call it a sheltered life, whatever, my family didnt have the money to travel. I LIVED at Kokomo Speedway my entire childhood and most of my teenage years until an accident on the backstretch took me away from racing when I was a teenager. Kokomo doesnt have a weekly show so lets jump over to Gas City. I will say Mr. Gappens bc that's how I was raised, respect...I know his first name, my neighbor is family of his. He does one heck of a job promoting Gas City. Always good crowd, always good car counts, GOOD CHEAP PRICES, even if not a stock car fan, always has at least 4 classes on a regular weekly show and there is NEVER a night all 4 are low car counts. Okay well trust me, there is no money tree at Gas City, nor Kokomo, likely not at the Southern tracks either bc the Cicadas would eat the money especially at LPS haha. Okay so why doesnt Mr. Gappens have bigger purses. Well how about when we pull off SR22, the traffic attendants start charging to park, no more free parking, no more free camping, instead of $20 at the gate, how about $25 or $30, how about raise the concession prices too...where do you think promoters get weekly purse money? If your a driver, all due respect to you, your doing something I dream I could do and that is on my bucket list, but as a driver or team maybe you should talk to the promoters, if your a fan, why so concerned about a team and driver making more money? For us fans that means prices go up, then we complain or quit going in already tough times. Promoters walk a fine line, they try to make and keep everyone happy which is extremely difficult. A race is no good without the drivers, yes, but a race isnt there and doesnt happen without the fans as well.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 4/11/22 at 11:48 PM.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, luckybuc97, Milly, oppweld
4/11/22, 10:27 PM   #23
Re: Great field of cars at Lincoln Park Speedway this aftern
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
We’re a small team, local weekly tracks.
Tank of Diesel $100
30 gallons of methanol $100
Engine oil changed every 2 races -$50 per race
Filter - $10
Pit passes for 4 -$120-$140
Food drinks ice for cooler -$60
Generator gas - $10
Transponder/entry fee -$10
New rear tires - $275 each before tax. I’ve heard these are higher now, I haven’t purchased this year yet.
Car wash - $20 in quarters minimum
I’d guesstimate half the teams use a new right rear each week. Some use a new left rear as well each week. So roughly $500 not including tires, anything tore up, or consideration of engine useage during the night. (I budget $500 a night for that for rebuild cost). Still not included, trailer accessories - rags, brake clean, rear end oil, air filter oil, soap, etc. My driver still lives under my roof so I get all the winnings, but I also pay for his pit pass, his tear offs, and his cheeseburger. If you’re paying a driver, you’re losing 1/3-1/2 of your winnings as well. Most Indiana tracks are $200 to start the feature, generally don’t get to $300 until the top 10 and
$1500-$2000 to win for a weekly event. Even finishing 3rd each night, you’re probably not covering half your expenses.

After doing this on paper, I’m second guessing why I do this lol
"After doing this on paper, I’m second guessing why I do this"...
QUICK! Tear up the paper, delete the post, & get hammered!
All joking aside, us lowly, do nothing fans appreciate guys like you!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great field of cars at Lincoln Park Speedway this afternoon.