IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from Kamp?
7/17/09, 4:29 AM   #151
Re: Updates from Kamp?
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

For the Month of July except The Sprintweek show Kamp had a 2 for 1 deal going on trying to get people to come but must not have worked also their Car Count has been way down

7/17/09, 5:09 AM   #152
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

DARLAND EDGES WHITT IN KAMP THRILLER!

Boswell, IN…….Dave Darland of Lincoln, Ind. became the winningest driver in “Indiana Sprint Week” history Thursday night, scoring his 13th career win in the 30-lap USAC National Sprint race at Kamp Motor Speedway. Darland tracked down Cole Whitt on lap 25 and led the final six laps in his Rotondo Weirich/Benic Enterprises Maxim/Chevy. Whitt was second in a photo-finish at the checkered flag, ahead of Chad Boat, Levi Jones and Jon Stanbrough. Boat has a nine-point lead over Jones in the new Indiana Sprint Week standings going into Friday’s race at the Bloomington Speedway.

USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CAR SERIES RACE RESULTS: July 16, 2009 – Boswell, Indiana – Kamp Motor Speedway – 22nd “Indiana Sprint Week”

QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Josh Wise, 37, Indiana Underground-13.143; 2. Bryan Clauson, 7, Tucker-13.216; 3. Dave Darland, 2B, RWB-13.249; 4. Cole Whitt, 67k, Kunz-13.276; 5. Chad Boat, 30, Boat-13.291; 6. Jon Stanbrough, 14, Gullick-13.421; 7. Dene McAllan, 5x, Baldwin-13.486; 8. Bud Kaeding, 29, BK-13.513; 9. Damion Gardner, 71, DG-13.524; 10. Robert Ballou, 13, Buch/VKCC-13.551; 11. Jerry Coons Jr., 69, Dynamics-13.580; 12. Tracy Hines, 21, Stewart-13.591; 13. Kyle Cummins, 3c, Cummins-13.601; 14. Russ Harper, 9x, Harper-13.637; 15. Levi Jones, 20, Stewart-13.667; 16. Brad Sweet, 9, Kahne/Curb-13.678; 17. Hunter Schuerenberg, 2, Epperson-13.679; 18. Henry Clarke, 67x, Kunz-13.708; 19. Russ Gamester, 46, Gamester-13.722; 20. Dustin Morgan, 93, M & M-13.749; 21. Casey Shuman, 21x, Roberts-13.752; 22. Kevin Thomas Jr., 9k, Thomas-13.753; 23. Caleb Armstrong, 11D, Walker-13.764; 24. J.J. Yeley, 1x, Triple Crown-13.797; 25. Matt Goodnight, 39, Goodnight-13.821; 26. Shane Cottle, 10E, Edison-13.822; 27. Trey Robb, 12, R & B-13.852; 28. Hud Cone, 11, Walker-13.911; 29. Jeff Bland Jr., 12x, R & B-13.923; 30. Keith Bloom, 27k, Braund-13.970; 31. Josh Spencer, 56, Batcheldor-14.028; 32. Jerry Bell, 85, Bell-14.079; 33. Shane Hollingsworth, 34, Olson-14.176; 34. Gary Rooke, 42A, Concept Motorsports-14.215; 35. Ryan Pace, 44, Pace-14.378; 36. John Memmer, 4m, Memmer-14.398; 37. Ryan Kaplan, 27, Kaplan-NT.

FIRST HEAT: (10 laps) 1. Wise, 2. Bland, 3. Goodnight, 4. Schuerenberg, 5. Shuman, 6. Boat, 7. Gardner, 8. Hollingsworth, 9. Cummins. 2:23.47

SECOND HEAT: (10 laps) 1. Ballou, 2. Clarke, 3. Stanbrough, 4. Harper, 5. Thomas, 6. Bloom, 7. Rooke, 8. Clauson, 9. Cottle. NT

THIRD HEAT: (10 laps) 1. Darland, 2. Jones, 3. Spencer, 4. C.Armstrong, 5. Coons, 6. McAllan, 7. Pace, 8. Gamester, 9. Robb. NT

FOURTH HEAT: (10 laps) 1. Cone, 2. Morgan, 3. Sweet, 4. Whitt, 5. Hines, 6. Memmer, 7. Bell, 8. Kaeding, 9. Yeley. NT

SEMI: (12 laps) 1. Boat, 2. Clauson, 3. Coons, 4. Kaeding, 5. Gardner, 6. Yeley, 7. Shuman, 8. Hines, 9. Pace, 10. Bell, 11. McAllan, 12. Hollingsworth, 13. Bloom, 14. Thomas, 15. Gamester, 16. Rooke. NT

FEATURE: (30 laps) 1. Dave Darland, 2. Cole Whitt, 3. Chad Boat, 4. Levi Jones, 5. Jon Stanbrough, 6. Bryan Clauson, 7. Josh Wise, 8. Brad Sweet, 9. Dustin Morgan, 10. Tracy Hines, 11. Damion Gardner, 12. Jerry Coons Jr., 13. Henry Clarke, 14. Caleb Armstrong, 15. Robert Ballou, 16. Jeff Bland Jr., 17. J.J. Yeley, 18. Bud Kaeding, 19. Russ Harper, 20. Matt Goodnight, 21. Josh Spencer, 22. Hud Cone, 23. Casey Shuman. NT

-----------------------

**Robb flipped during the third heat. Gamester flipped during the semi.

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Laps 1-5 Stanbrough, Laps 6-24 Whitt, Laps 25-30 Darland.

NEW NATIONAL SPRINT CAR STANDINGS: 1-Jones-1,075; 2-Darland-1,050; 3-Whitt-966; 4-Coons-938; 5-Hines-795; 6-Gardner-765; 7-Darren Hagen-694; 8-Sweet-692; 9-Jesse Hockett-647; 10-Boat-627.

NEW “INDIANA SPRINT WEEK” STANDINGS: 1-Boat-293; 2-Jones-284; 3-Clauson-282; 4-Darland-273; 5-Whitt-217.

NEXT NATIONAL SPRINT CAR RACE: – July 17 – Bloomington (IN) Speedway – 22nd “Indiana Sprint Week”

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
7/17/09, 8:31 AM   #153
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
not working on track. Slick and very dusty.
Posted via Mobile Device
I gotta say something here. I totally understand the track was dusty, At least this year I could see most of it. It was dusty, I was sitting in turn one and got pellted by tire groove mud untill the end of the feature.

IMHO THE TRACK WAS PERFECT and the best damn racin in the week. THREE WIDE on the last lap for the lead and everybody was scratching their head on who won, WHitt or DD.

DD dropped back to fourth at one time and Boat was back in like 6th, The both rode the wall like MONSTERS of the DIRT just litterally blazing speed up there. Whitt and Levi ran the inside wall. It was litterally two wide sixty feet apart in the corners for both first and second and third and fourth for the last ten laps and the final two boat was sticking his nose between DD and Whitt.

FREAKING AWESOME RACE!. Quite honestly I didn't see any rubber on the track, Both the bottom and top had a cushion to lean on ALL NIGHT.

Honestly there was a 40mph breeze blowing all day. The track was watered to the hilt. I think a lot of it is the sand content of the track and the layout kinda like Eldora where the cars blow dust down the wall and it flys out with the breeze of the cars. The track also eats tires meaning it has a high abrasive content in the clay.

Honestly if you ever go to eldora and rave about it. KAMP WAS TEN TIMES BETTER.

At least I could see most of it this year. It was dusty but I was also getting pelted with moist tire grove rubber all night and I bet I was 70ft from the track about 3/4ths up the turn one stands (NO ROCKS there for me )

IMHO it was perfectly prepped for sprint cars. The track is AWESOME. Late qualifying went to the bottom which blew up another cushion on top. It was two to four wide racing all night.

Sorry for going off on a rant. I forgot my glasses and everything and still could see most of the night. After last year it was iffy if Id ever be back and aparently a lot didn't (I understand that)

Bring some goggles and a bandana, IMHO this is a awesome race track, The racings awesome when you can see it. IDK. I CERTAINLY HAD A GREAT TIME.

Maybe it was the multiple hugs from DDs sisters

Chuck, who's been dusted worse than that at every Eldora show I've ever attended, After the USAC opener I went in Wal Mart in Eaton and was litterally covered in dirt. The racing that night was awesome too. I just don't understand all the B*tchin, The racing was great. DD and Boat litterally driving it harder and harder every lap to put that off, Whitt and Jones precision driving the bottom to perfection. side by side racing all night. It don't get any better than that!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/17/09 at 8:57 AM.

1 member likes this post: 3Cfan
7/17/09, 8:52 AM   #154
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

For those people on here that said they weren't going and stayed away, I feel sorry for you. That was THE BEST race I have seen in person all season. There may have been better ones this season, but not any that I was at. I went in prepared for bad conditions (I wasn't able to make last year). The dust last night was no worse than a dusty one at Eldora. In fact, I've seen worse ones at Eldora more than once. With glasses on, I saw everything just fine. The top and bottom worked and were fast. The finish was just something to see...can't explain it. Wait, yes I can, when the crowd looks at each other and says, who won, you know you saw a good one.

I sure hope the place doesn't close because I'd sure like to go back again. The place is by no means perfect, but that track is perfect for sprint cars IMO. I can't imagine what it would be like with better track prep. I'll take that amount of dust if I get to see that kind of racing any time. This is the first time since last Friday I came home dirty, felt kind of good.

Congrats to DD. He came up to the stands and sat down from us during the B. He was there to see the family, but he was there also to watch the track conditions. The veteran wins another one.

7/17/09, 9:31 AM   #155
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
...Congrats to DD. He came up to the stands and sat down from us during the B. He was there to see the family, but he was there also to watch the track conditions. The veteran wins another one.
We agree with everything Charles and openwheelKT had to say. We can't remember a race like that in recent seasons (of course, we only get to a few each year :-(). And, we must have been sitting with you. I was the guy directly behind Mrs. Darland. Were the two women that came up a couple of times to chat the sisters? And, was one of them racegal?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Another question. Where was the 53, and what was that 14 that Stanbrough drove. I don't remember seeing that car before.

7/17/09, 9:43 AM   #156
openwheelKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
We agree with everything Charles and openwheelKT had to say. We can't remember a race like that in recent seasons (of course, we only get to a few each year :-(). And, we must have been sitting with you. I was the guy directly behind Mrs. Darland. Were the two women that came up a couple of times to chat the sisters? And, was one of them racegal?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Another question. Where was the 53, and what was that 14 that Stanbrough drove. I don't remember seeing that car before.
We were sitting one row up from Mrs. D, but across the isle. So DD was two rows down and across the isle. Those were his sisters that came up. Good view from there.

From a reliable source. The 53 had rear end trouble at THAT and they were re-grouping for Bloomington and Haub. The 14 is the Gullick car. Coleman is only 15 so he can't race USAC yet.

7/17/09, 9:46 AM   #157
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post

Dick, You were probably 70ft down toward the pits from me. Isn't it awesome that a Racer, his wife and two sisters can sit and watch a consi together and cellebrate in victory lane together Happened twice this week at Burg and Kamp

The 53 needed some work aparently and Pete and Coleman Gullick (Who turns 16 later this month) let or rented (I don't know) The ride to Jon. Coleman is a gasser whos fun to watch with a couple wins under his belt in sprints already. Last year at Burg and last Sat at VCS. Thanks to Hazardous racing for allowing that. I also would have loved to see Coleman racing but USAC has a 16 age limit. Coleman came to the MSCS Burg race a few years ago at the ripe old age of 12 and held his own pretty good and has only improved and been mostly clean. KEEP A EYE ON HIM

7/17/09, 9:51 AM   #158
openwheelKT

Chuck, you need to type faster.

7/17/09, 9:53 AM   #159
IndyBound

Congrats DD, you continue to give Susan more birthday gifts. Great races from what everyone is saying, trust me you really don't see that excitement on the computer. The Boatster leading ISW points, what can I say, you make Arizona sprint cars fans proud Chad. Good job, Go Chad!!!!!! Jon Stanbrough gave the Coleman Gulick, Team CGR sprint car a great run. Coleman and Pete you have to be so pleased with your first attempt at ISW. Next year Coleman will be old enough to run himself, until then job well done great 5th place finish.

Patti

7/17/09, 9:55 AM   #160
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Chuck, you need to type faster.
You need to slow down and not beat the field by a straightaway at Burg heat race
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/17/09 at 10:19 AM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from Kamp?