IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WilliamsGrove Policy
5/23/10, 12:15 PM   #1
WilliamsGrove Policy
Pine

Williams Grove Speedway is enforcing a NEW policy, the only way you can get into the pits AFTER the races is with a pit pass. So if you have young children that want to go to the pits....AFTER THE RACE'S ARE OVER...... to meet their favorite drivers, buy a shirt and see the cars up close.....YOUR OUTTA LUCK ....Ya need a pit pass.......Some of these tracks just keep shooting themselves in the foot. And the bad part about it is, they freakin reload and do it again......I don't get it....

How would you like Dave, Tommy, Mike or Jigs to implement this policy at your local track.....

5/23/10, 12:39 PM   #2
Re: WilliamsGrove Policy
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

My question Scott is why you still frequent the place? I know old habits are hard to break, but when you consider how the whole product has changed since the old days when you & Aero first starting going to the Grove, I'd think you'd have figured it out by now. (Aero really figured it out, he moved)

I gave up my top row reserved seats on the backstretch back in 1992 & haven't missed it one bit since. For me I'll take 6 to 10 "REAL" races in Indiana, 3 at Perris & as many ARDC races as I can to fill my yearly racing fix, instead of follow the leader parades, fuel stops & now this deal with keeping fans out of the pits.

How long do they have to keep screwing people until they say enough?

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Jimmydiesel
5/23/10, 3:37 PM   #3
mortboyz

Just like the way Allison did things at Rutnamville.
That's one of the reasons we avoided the place.
Damn shame.

5/23/10, 5:04 PM   #4
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Is it possible that Kathy Hughes is starting her plan of justifying selling the property? "Well the fans just aren't coming out anymore so it made more sense to sell"

5/23/10, 7:52 PM   #5
short track scott

I know a little about the Kathy Hughes thing, but I'd bet the track is enforcing, or being made to enforce by its underwriters, such a policy. Somewhere someone's kid got bumped or otherwise injured involving a racecar/pit mule/tow rig (not necessarily the Grove) and the insurance is tightening it up. Or maybe the track gets a break on insurance for such a rule. They have to do something to make those barely red ink nights into barely black ink nights because a few fans quit coming.

I'm not disregarding the Hughes angle, but if she owns the propertyand leases it to a promoter it is unlikely she would have a hand in such a policy. I DON'T KNOW what the owner/promoter agreement is.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/23/10, 7:54 PM   #6
Al Consoli

Gee Pine - I thought you went just for the fireworks.:2:
See you at the Lincoln USAC show, I hope.

5/23/10, 8:58 PM   #7
c47

http://www.williamsgrove.com/forum/v...hp?f=1&t=31682
any help would be appreciated
chris

5/23/10, 9:40 PM   #8
mjslideways

When did this start? we went into pits after the woo show on the 14th.

5/23/10, 10:02 PM   #9
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
My question Scott is why you still frequent the place? I know old habits are hard to break, but when you consider how the whole product has changed since the old days when you & Aero first starting going to the Grove, I'd think you'd have figured it out by now. (Aero really figured it out, he moved)

I gave up my top row reserved seats on the backstretch back in 1992 & haven't missed it one bit since. For me I'll take 6 to 10 "REAL" races in Indiana, 3 at Perris & as many ARDC races as I can to fill my yearly racing fix, instead of follow the leader parades, fuel stops & now this deal with keeping fans out of the pits.

How long do they have to keep screwing people until they say enough?
Does this have anything to do with why some people call it the greed ?
Last edited by Speedwrench; 5/24/10 at 5:30 PM.

5/24/10, 8:06 PM   #10
VaDirt

This was posted on Williams Grove's website:

Williams Grove Speedway apologizes for the inconvenience to the fans that had armbands and could not enter the pit area. It was a misunderstanding. Williams Grove Speedways insurance policy states no one can enter the pit area without an armband and signing a release, during business hours. Fans and sponsors wanting to attend victory lane without an armband can enter from the front stretch gate. Thank you management

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WilliamsGrove Policy