IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Impressive Start at Gas City
5/2/18, 7:43 PM   #1
Impressive Start at Gas City
RacingFanatic

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 8

Attending the first two events at Gas City I-69 Speedway produced by the new race organizers, I have come away very impressed. Great, dust-free track surfaces both nights, yet racy. Super clean bathrooms, clean facility, great public address system, entertaining intermissions and spectacular gift shop.

One thing I’ve never seen or heard done before is that the promoter raffles a prize off to one division each week during the Driver’s Meeting as a “thank you” for supporting the track. For the sprints and mods, it’s been a brand new right rear Hoosier tire. Nice touch!

5/2/18, 8:06 PM   #2
PIT CART

I have been very impressed with the facility this year 🏁

5/2/18, 8:21 PM   #3
Re: Impressive Start at Gas City
fish

Both events have went off great. Here are a couple links to photos from all classes from the 2018 races.

https://fscpictorial.smugmug.com/201...City-04-20-18/

https://fscpictorial.smugmug.com/201...City-04-27-18/

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, tirespinner
5/2/18, 8:58 PM   #4
Re: Impressive Start at Gas City
BrentTFunk

I thought both shows were very good. Looking forward to this week with big shows at Gas City, Plymouth and Kokomo.

5/3/18, 12:57 AM   #5
flagboy55

I hope to make it there this year and take it all in. A tip of the cap to the new crew for trying to make it a Clas facility. One thing that was mentioned that I can appreciate is a good PA system. A lot of tracks could use some improvement. I just invested in hearing aids, and I know a lot of my hearing loss is from being front and center to racing engines, that and Van Halens first album and a slap shot to my right ear. I appreciate the the song of racing, but sometimes I wonder if it would be a bad thing to phase mufflers in as mandatory. Lesson to you young folk, both of you, use your ear plugs!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, nathans1012, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Impressive Start at Gas City