IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …
4/10/22, 1:47 PM   #31
Re: Lake Ozark, Missouri …
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Interesting part of the night for me was the top two had USAC Racing logos on their fire suits and not Extreme.

One of the top teams to announce they were running for the Extreme championship, KO Motorsports (Stockton/McDougal), were a no-show. Hoosier's obvious tire building issues cost the Extreme series a top team.

A cool spring night in an area that has had plenty of moisture and still with so many cars the track took rubber and ate tires despite the track crew reworking it several times. Can't wait to see the same program in the middle of the summer.

Hoosier makes DOT approved street tires that most likely would survive an a-main without cutting down the advertised number laps
Jason McDougle was there. Stockton wasn't because of a failed tire test. I watched the show on Dirt Vision.
Last edited by nathans1012; 4/10/22 at 2:16 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/10/22, 2:51 PM   #32
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Bacon blew on lap 28 in WoO battling for lead. Here's Jacob Allens Winner) tire after 30 of what was shortened from the TRIBUTE advertised race of 41 laps

Ballou's consi tire
https://twitter.com/robertballou81/s...541252/photo/1
Looks like a retread.
Last edited by sw1911; 4/10/22 at 2:55 PM. Reason: sp.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, sprinter6, tirespinner
4/10/22, 3:25 PM   #33
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Jason McDougle was there. Stockton wasn't because of a failed tire test. I watched the show on Dirt Vision.
Yes, McDougal was driving for KKM in the #67. KO Motorsports was not in attendance at the Xtremeevent.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
4/10/22, 3:52 PM   #34
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Yes, McDougal was driving for KKM in the #67. KO Motorsports was not in attendance at the Xtremeevent.
Yes I knew that. I was just pointing out he was there.

4/10/22, 4:16 PM   #35
Wingsilvercrown355

what did it pay to win the extreme feature ? My guess was 6000 to 10,000.

4/10/22, 4:37 PM   #36
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsilvercrown355 View Post
what did it pay to win the extreme feature ? My guess was 6000 to 10,000.
$5,000

4/10/22, 4:42 PM   #37
cowboyhar69

Still trying to find out how to post a photo on IOW…. Anyone? 😁

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4/10/22, 8:50 PM   #38
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Track was definitely abrasive. This has happened before. As for the price increase, everything is affected by fuel prices. Price gouging is hurting everything. Maybe it will lead to tracks packed looser, and side by side racing instead of slide jobs.
the track last night was actually pretty good for this part of the country. I remember one night some top name travelers in the pits at a Mo. race track comment they used a month worth of tires a night every time they come here.

4/10/22, 9:11 PM   #39
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Robert likes to run his mouth, I can return the favor. And yes, I have run sprint cars, the whole paying bills and having a day job has been a reality for me my ENTIRE career. I didn't have a top notch 410 with a Don Ott engine at 16. So Robert can call me out, but the keyboard warriors can stay behind their keyboards.
Who are you and what have you ever won??? I want full complete details. I’ll then check to make sure you are not a bs artist. I’ll hope you have won a National title and have proven to help out other people like Mr. Ballou has. He ruffles quite a few feathers for sure, and sometimes he is his own worst enemy. Love him or hate him there is no way bs is going to be pulled over in him. Again who are you and what have you won. Congrats on working a day job and going racing. RB tries to compete with the BIG teams. Do you do that???

4/10/22, 9:26 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Who are you and what have you ever won??? I want full complete details. I’ll then check to make sure you are not a bs artist. I’ll hope you have won a National title and have proven to help out other people like Mr. Ballou has. He ruffles quite a few feathers for sure, and sometimes he is his own worst enemy. Love him or hate him there is no way bs is going to be pulled over in him. Again who are you and what have you won. Congrats on working a day job and going racing. RB tries to compete with the BIG teams. Do you do that???
I like the fact that he calls Ballou a whiner then goes on to whine about not having a don ott engine etc.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …