IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCOC at Kokomo
7/19/16, 11:48 AM   #1
ASCOC at Kokomo
flagboy55

I have been really looking forward to this race, as the All Stars have been putting on some dandy races this season. I was planning on going both days but I forgot to ask for a vacation day, now I don't know if I'll make either. I know a lot of you are diehard non wingers, but hey it's Indiana's Baddest Bullring. Who's gonna take in the wings and what drivers do you hear are gonna bolt email on?

7/19/16, 12:05 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

I work Friday so it's a maybe but for certain on Saturday. Per Kokomo speedway Twitter, Clausen, Windom, Sunshine should be there. Thought I saw Ballou announced but couldnt find that tweet w/ a quick scroll.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/19/16, 2:06 PM   #3
Re: ASCOC at Kokomo
Hoosier Highbanks

Looking forward to the Dirt Classic this weekend at Kokomo. Does anybody have suggestions of local places to eat breakfast and lunch. Thanks in advance!

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/19/16, 2:38 PM   #4
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Highbanks View Post
Looking forward to the Dirt Classic this weekend at Kokomo. Does anybody have suggestions of local places to eat breakfast and lunch. Thanks in advance!
You'll probably see Half Moon posted around this board often. Not only are they tremendous supporters of racing, the food is outstanding. I've had burgers and ribs and never left wanting. My fave breakfast places are Frittata's just south of Lincoln rd. & an Amish type place called Dutch Cafe. It's a 15- 20 minute drive N on 31 but worth it. You could take in Grissom Air museum across the road while there. Walk off those plate sized pancakes!

7/19/16, 3:18 PM   #5
flagboy55

Half Moon is a must!

7/19/16, 5:36 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

There should be listings of local places in the gift shop, concession stand, and bar on Friday. The reviews on the Half Moon are real. We eat there once or twice a month, and it has been good no matter what we order.

7/19/16, 7:02 PM   #7
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Highbanks View Post
Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery located just south of Lowes on 931, you will not be disapointed

Jerry #66j

4 members like this post: Josh Spencer, maddog53, Nate, rapid robert
7/20/16, 12:18 AM   #8
Nate

You can wake up to some breakfast sandwiches from White Castle on Saturday morning which in turn will clear out your system by noon and make room for more beer on Saturday night.

5 members like this post: 34racer, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, mowerman, Wingman
7/20/16, 12:40 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I just learned about The Windmill Grill a couple of months ago and have become very fond of it. Good food, good prices, friendly servers. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their chocolate cake is a dense, moist mass of chocolate goodness (right, Josh Spencer?). www.thewindmillgrill.com located at 2335 West Sycamore, the corner of Sycamore and Dixon on the west side of town. Mia Familia on 931 in the southern part of town is an excellent Mexican restaurant with tender, juicy meat and chicken in its dishes, good prices, and friendly servers. This is to take nothing away from Halfmoon, where I eat often also. Yes, I do tend to eat often when I can.

2 members like this post: hoosier race fan, Josh Spencer
7/20/16, 11:26 AM   #10
hoosier race fan

I agree with the suggestion about the windmill grill. My wife and I ate there a few years ago when I was teaching down the road at Lafayette Park. Not far from the track and pretty tasty.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCOC at Kokomo