IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
9/3/08, 6:56 PM   #11
Re: Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Tony, I had a good talk with you at Lima.You seemed very forthright and concerned with the betterment of midget racing.Good luck in all your future endeavors.:thumbThanks Denny

9/3/08, 6:56 PM   #12
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
My question: Will Tony Stewart, whose team was ridiculed when it left UCS, be in attendance at Fort Wayne?
One thing for sure, with no USAC officials, there won't be a reenactment of the Raceway Park fiasco!! :rolling

9/3/08, 7:08 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Will the Munchkin midgets be able to run the indoor tracks??

9/3/08, 7:08 PM   #14
Mike McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I will gladly skip these races, if for no other reason than the complete lack of respect Mr. Barhorst showed to the competitors at Union County. Listening to him bash the drivers and teams infuriated me about as much as anything I can remember...

My question: Will Tony Stewart, whose team was ridiculed when it left UCS, be in attendance at Fort Wayne?
I echo these thoughts 100%. I bet you won't get bashed nearly as much as I do for it.

9/3/08, 7:15 PM   #15
Tony Barhorst

Andrew...yes the Munckins are allowed to run. The rules will be virtually the same, however we are going to a 10 inch right rear wheel. In the past the VW powered cars were allowed to run a 12 inch right rear.

The entries will be up soon with the points payout.

9/3/08, 7:26 PM   #16
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post

I WAS as big a USAC fan as anyone. I saw a club at Union County that listened to only a few of the 48 teams in regard to running. Thirty three teams were not invited to the vote.

Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
I still think you are mistaken on this account. I was at the meeting as well as all the drivers and teams and MOST of them thought it was better to forgo this event as it was definately not safe.

And yes DON I did come all the way to Midget Week from So Cal.

9/3/08, 7:35 PM   #17
Tony Barhorst

All the drivers and teams WERE NOT invited to the meeting. Nor was I OR my race director. No SAFETY TEAM spoke to me.

The remaining drivers said the track was as safe as any other they have experienced. I WILL NOT BE DEFINED on this is the reason I respond.

Mike McCormick is not brave enough to state his real name.

That is the end of my comments about Union County. I move on in a positive manner without USAC...I will build events without them.

9/3/08, 8:09 PM   #18
tjtomthumb

Why the big slam bang on Tony for putting the money back into a point fund for the racers instead of sanction and other fees? Didn't we just have a post recently questioning the need for a santioning body for Indiana Sprint Week? Haven't there been other post's suggesting that someone try what Tony is willing to attempt? If the deal at Union County hadn't have happened, would you be bashing Tony for trying to help the racers out with a bigger pay-off for them instead of paying increasing sanctioning fee's? How many of you have made comments during the heat of the moment that you wish you hadn't made? I have nothing against any of the sanctioning groups, some of their events will be and probably always will be some of the best racing you could ever see, but very good racing is also very possible with the point fund format Tony is going to risk and try which will help keep the top teams coming to all the events and naming a point champion after all the events could be very appealing to some drivers and teams. Myself, no matter what the reason or what prompted this decision, I say thank you Tony for stepping up and trying to put more money in the competitors pockets, which is where it needs to go. For those of you that don't want to see someone try to return the funds and help the racers, bash away.

9/3/08, 8:56 PM   #19
cabjr111

How much are sanctioning fee's?

9/3/08, 9:08 PM   #20
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCormick View Post
I guess since you like to post baseless, unfounded lies, you must be Don Moore.

Your posts are showing your true character, Mr. Barhorst. The true character we all saw at Liberty when you attacked some of the best racecar drivers in the country because you failed to prepare your track correctly.

I didn't see you running up to strap your ass in one of these monsters to race on that pathetic track. Must be pretty easy to run your big mouth in your ivory tower.
Someone needs to explain to Mike the story of the pot calling the kettle black here.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction