IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Week 2012; Come and Gone
7/24/12, 11:36 AM   #1
Indiana Sprint Week 2012; Come and Gone
cmakin

Can it really have been two weeks? I sit here in my office wondering where all of the time went. The 2012 version of Indiana Sprint week has come and gone, just like that. Without a doubt, it was some of the best racing I have seen thus far this year, and will most certainly be some of the best racing that I will see all year. About the only complaint that I have is that I couldn’t stick around for the make-up date for the Lincoln Park rain out, but I am glad that they were able to get all of the shows in.

I would like to thank all of the competitors, fans and track operators/promoters for being part of this amazing event. I really don’t know what I would do during July without Sprint Week. Believe me, I have the option of spending the same week down on a Mexican beach, margarita in hand; and I have in the past. Now? No question as to where I would rather be.
It is also good to head up there and see friends and acquaintances and to make new friends and acquaintances. The whole “gathering of the clan” for Sprint Week is amazing. While there are too many folks to thank personally, I would like to single out Sacha and Robert Ballou for their work putting together the Super Bowl. It was a great time and even better, money was raised for a great cause.

The only other complaint that I might have is that I won’t be back up that way until next spring; and then again, of course, for ISW 2013. . . .

6 members like this post: big3131, davidm, IndyBound, Mud Packer, speed bump, Sprints!
7/24/12, 11:45 AM   #2
Re: Indiana Sprint Week 2012; Come and Gone
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I know how you feel. I only made the back half and with Lincoln Parks rain out I only got to see two, but dang if that wasn't some fine racing! I could have easily have driven north for a couple days of WoO shows, but opted for Indiana Sprint Week an easy choice for me to make. There’s nothing like Hoosier hospitality and racing! Can't wait for next year’s trip!

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer, sw1911
7/24/12, 12:13 PM   #3
berks co

Same thing here could have stayed at home in Pa to watch the WoO or drive 10 hours to Indiana. Really enjoyed my first race at Terre Haute, liked LPS but wish they would have tried to race. Blommington was good and Tri State lived up to its reputation. My fourth year of going to Part of Indiana sprintweek. Can't wait to return. Also had a great time at the Museum at IMS.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, IndyBound, Mud Packer, Sprints!, sw1911
7/24/12, 12:43 PM   #4
Sprints!

It is so awesome to have you folks come from all over. We are fortunate to live in Seymour, IN. My daughter and I made it to Kokomo(x2),the "Burg", Bloomington, and Haubstadt, this is our yearly vacation and look so forward to it every year. Introduced two new fans to the sprints and go karts this year! They were wanting to know the price for methanol per barrel for karting. Would love to have Twin Cities back on the schedule, and Brownstown toooooo!!! (Both are less than 20 min. away)

3 members like this post: dirt330, IndyBound, Mud Packer
7/24/12, 9:24 PM   #5
ThePurple73

Indiana Sprint Month

2 members like this post: dirt330, Sprints!
7/24/12, 9:42 PM   #6
DunaganRacing

I agree, add a few more next year USAC! I say an even 10 is good. Brownstown, Twin Cities, and Paragon would all be on my list to add!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/12, 10:52 PM   #7
Keith Ford

Paragon Speedway has always been Sprint Week

1 member likes this post: Morgan7m
7/25/12, 11:16 PM   #8
ThePurple73

I would like to see Terre Haute on first or last Saturday night.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Week 2012; Come and Gone