IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bloomington updates?
7/19/08, 11:49 AM   #111
Re: bloomington updates?
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman fan 50 View Post
49 Sprinters the Top 32 are .607 from fast time! 46 sprint cars under 12 seconds.
Joe
Way ta go "JOE".......Brucer'

7/19/08, 11:56 AM   #112
AustinSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half fast View Post
wheres the Kruser at tonight didnt see him listed?????
Half fast,Thanks for walk'n up at Kokomo!!...shirt worked!!....Think Kruzer still feel'n results of L'burg!!...but ok i think.....Brucer'

7/19/08, 12:05 PM   #113
AustinSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinChic View Post
Check Page 2...has the line ups and complete results!
Thanks RacinChic.....And what a complete List it was!!...Great job!!much appreciated...Nice job by the "Sweet Sensation" at Chico w.wing!!.....Brucer'

7/19/08, 12:12 PM   #114
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Wow........

All I have to say really, for once im speechless

7/19/08, 2:13 PM   #115
bigmojo5

Check out last corner photo on openwheelracers.com
Jim Morrison

7/19/08, 2:54 PM   #116
Millsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Mills get the video highlights up for us that missed it!
The highlight clips from the first two nights are complete, so it's out of my hands now. Apparently, there are Internet connectivity issues holding up the process of updating the Video section of the Multimedia page on www.usacracing.com. Be patient, and you will soon see.

BTW, and this is not directed at anybody in particular, if you want to see the race, you should buy a ticket and be there. There's no substitute for it. Just my opinion...

And another thing, once again I agree with Jerry Shaw here, that was THE best race I have ever seen at Bloomington. Now, unlike Jerry, I have only been there roughly 20 times or so over the years since I first started going there in 1997. I love the beautiful scenic view when I come to the track, but have always thought it too narrow to put on truly GREAT racing. All that room to work with and we can't get another 10 feet of racetrack all the way around? -confused- And please remember, this is just my opinion...I am not knocking anyone here, it's just the way I see it. Besides, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the track has been narrowed entering turn 1 by about 6 to 8 feet or so in the past couple of years? Just wondering...

Regardless, last night was epic, and by far the best race I have ever seen at Bloomington. Kudos to USAC and Bloomington Speedway for putting on a great show. Two "instant classic" races in less than a week...How'd we get so lucky?

DM

7/19/08, 3:31 PM   #117
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
...Regardless, last night was epic, and by far the best race I have ever seen at Bloomington. Kudos to USAC and Bloomington Speedway for putting on a great show. Two "instant classic" races in less than a week...How'd we get so lucky?

DM
Ah, yes. Now we head South and West to finish this thing at "The Home of the Instant Classic.":applaud:

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/19/08, 4:04 PM   #118
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Blookington always smokes me out of the woodwork, so after navigating terrible traffic in Martinsville I rolled into the track about 5pm.

Thoughts...

1) I am impressed every year with the campers that follow ISW. Next year I will try to add to the camper numbers.

2) Got my monies worth watching qualifying. Flat footin around any small place like that always gets me amped.

3) I've been going to Bloomington since 1983 when they used to run late models every Friday and I have seen some good races. But last night was with out a doubt the best race I have ever seen there. I too like someone else posted didn't know who won until I heard Dr. Pat tell me.

4) It wasn't until we had 8-9 laps to run that I noticed DD. HOLY CRAP. My first thought was "is he a lapped car?" Then I realized in an instant that in my haste to watch the battle up front I was missing classic Double D coming from the rear. Slapping myself later on the way home I thought to myself I knew better than to not keep an eye on DD.

5) Agreed on all the other comments on who ran good etc. But one name that nobody mentioned here is Chad Boat. I know a ninth place finish may not sound that great but had it not been for one jumped cushion with 10 to go he was on his way to a top 3-5. That kid gets better everytime I watch him run.

6) USAC...anytime I can go to one of your events, watch hotlaps, quals, last chance races, heats, b-main a lengthy wait before the driver introductions a kick *** main event, get in my car wait in traffic, stop at a McDonalds drive home to Fishers, IN and be in my lazy boy by 11:45pm all I can say is JOB WELL DONE! Jason2, Bill Carey and staff kept things going very very well. A far cry difference from some of the things we have all seen in the past. It's not all USAC either. Many times the program drags out because the drivers and crews are sluggish in presenting their cars to the chute and in this case the front stretch. Not last night though. Cudos to Josh Spencer for rolling onto the track within a minute or two after the b-main rolled off the track!!!

7) USAC made a committment to finish their events by 10:30pm earlier this year. Of the events I have been to this year they are batting 1000%. :respect:

Looking forward to more red caly in my Mountain Dew during midget week!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bloomington updates?