IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMRA Races Into Rushville Saturday Night
6/1/09, 10:38 AM   #1
UMRA Races Into Rushville Saturday Night
UMRA information

UMRA Races Into Rushville Saturday Night

On Saturday June 6 the UMRA TQ Midgets will return to the Rush County Fairgrounds in Rushville for the first of five scheduled events at the venerable speed plant. Last season there were three races held at Rushville with three drivers visiting victory lane for the first time in their UMRA careers. On June 27, 2008 it was Bobby Walton taking his first checkered flag after over a decade of trying. A night later it was Patrick Wolf taking the top spot for the first time in impressive fashion. The UMRA season at Rushville finished on August 9 with Zach Cougill at long last getting his initial triumph.

Saturday night’s race will be the third race of the 2009 UMRA season and if the first two are any indication, it should be highly competitive. The season began on May 2nd at the Brownstown Speedway with 2008 UMRA Rookie of the Year Brent Turner taking the win in a dominant performance that proved that he would be a force to be reckoned with in ’09. This past Friday night at the Gas City I-69 Speedway, evening showers soaked the track but failed to dampen the spirits of the competitors that had signed in, which included Nelson Stewart, father of two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion and former UMRA feature winner Tony Stewart. At the end of the night, 13-time series champion Terry Goff “weathered the storm” and took the 104th win of his career.

The TQ’s will be joined by mini sprints that promise to put on some exciting racing on the tight Rushville track. Kids will also want to be sure and come out to the races on Saturday night as they will want to have an opportunity to win a bike. Gates open Saturday at 3:00 pm with practice at 5:30, qualifying at 6:00 and racing scheduled to begin at 7:30!

Top Ten In UMRA Points (After Two Races)
1. Terry Goff 286
2. Brent Turner 262
3. Zach Cougill 253
4. Tim Lync h 250
5. Jason Vest 243
6. Oogie Goff 242
7. Brandon Gray 191
8. Michael Koontz 178
9. Ron Hamm 172
10. Bobby Walton 154

6/2/09, 10:07 AM   #2
Re: UMRA Races Into Rushville Saturday Night
tqracer65

will this be 600 mini sprints wing or non wing???

6/2/09, 10:31 AM   #3
tqracer53

I think it is non wing but i will find out for you today.

Becky Brown #53

6/2/09, 12:08 PM   #4
UMRA information

There will be 3 classes of mini sprints:

Restricted
Non-Wing
and Winged

6/2/09, 4:46 PM   #5
racerdog45

sounds like a great night of racing, 20+ TQs with plenty of past champs and past race winners PLUS 3 classes of minis, Can't wait!

Joe Cowin

6/2/09, 9:47 PM   #6
tq11

I cant wait! Its should be a good one and should be cool watching the micros at rushville. I hope several show up! Hope alot of fans show up! Anybody that comes, bring the kids with you and the UMRA Is gonna be giving out a bike to be givin away buy the feature winner! Hope to see you all there.
Brandon Gray#11:2:

6/3/09, 7:41 AM   #7
racerdog45

What time does the pit gate open and what time does the racing start?

6/3/09, 8:00 AM   #8
UMRA information

Gates open Saturday at 3:00 pm with practice at 5:30, qualifying at 6:00 and racing scheduled to begin at 7:30!

6/3/09, 1:49 PM   #9
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRA information View Post
Gates open Saturday at 3:00 pm with practice at 5:30, qualifying at 6:00 and racing scheduled to begin at 7:30!

Do you know the order of events such as who goes when? Looks to be a pretty good show, will be interesting to see the minis there and kind of neat to see them take the barn doors off!

6/3/09, 2:07 PM   #10
microsprint15

I believe this race is actually for the TQ's and Micro-Sprints (Sidewinders). I don't think this race is really for the upright style Mini Sprint, allthough I don't see any reason that they couldn't run with the micros.

-Ryan Leek

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMRA Races Into Rushville Saturday Night