IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine
2/28/16, 10:29 PM   #21
xoxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAY3 View Post
So in today’s message board world, if someone asks how much you make, or how much you paid for your house, or how much your ex got in the divorce, you are obligated to answer? For many people these questions wouldn’t necessarily be tough to answer or even top secret, but they might be considered “none of your business.”
Big difference between asking someone how much they make, how much your house is worth, or what your ex got in a divorce compared to asking how much the guy roughly has in the prototype motor. Some are curious as to whether its a cost effective package in comparison to an ecotec or a focus package.... Its not a trolling question nor any ill-intent in asking it so go ahead and unbunch your panties.
Last edited by xoxide; 2/28/16 at 11:22 PM.

2/28/16, 11:34 PM   #22
Re: BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine
MRAY3

Well xoxide, it has become quite obvious to me that your reading comprehension skills and your courage are both lacking, since you hide behind a screen name while trolling on this message board. Let's test your logic skills. A person of average intelligence might be able to deduce that the cost of a fabricated aluminum oil pan for a Honda would be very similar to the cost of a fabricated aluminum oil pan for an Ecotec or a Focus. Likewise for a fuel injection system, a dry sump oil pump, a set of rods, etc. The final cost of building any of these engine packages depends a lot more on the quality of the aftermarket parts one chooses to use rather than the brand name of the salvage yard cylinder block and cylinder head the builder starts with. You can also add cost by using new components rather than salvage yard components. What more do you want from a message board post of a picture of an engine? Do you or anyone else on here know how much Earl Gaerte had in his prototype Gaerte Midget engine? Do you suppose the next 10 engines cost less than his first? I tried to answer your "simple question" but apparently nothing but a dollar sign followed by a number will satisfy you. Since I don't really care whether you are satisfied or not, you will just have to wait along with everyone else for an accurate dollar amount. In the mean time, there is a convicted ****** predator building and selling Ecotecs for use in the D2 series who might appreciate more business. Give him a call. Something tells me you have his number.

UPDATE: xoxide edited his post, removing most of his post attacking me for being "hostile" while "avoiding" answering questions about the cost of building this engine. I stand by my response.
Last edited by MRAY3; 2/28/16 at 11:40 PM.

2 members like this post: dirtball, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/29/16, 12:20 AM   #23
xoxide

I removed 1 sentence, tobtry not to incite further argument, but keep it up and try stretching the truth "most of his post".... Really grasping for straws aren't you.

It's become quite obvious to me that you're more interested in acting like a 5 year old that reverts back to petty insults rather than answering legitimate questions. Maybe you/your alter ego shouldn't have posted on here if you couldn't handle the questions from "people hiding behind a computer screen"

ps. If you get this worked up over someone asking how much you have into a project/prototype/whatever you want to call it, maybe the internet just isn't for you

I rest my case, there's no need to continue this conversation.

-Brandon Denton
904-861-7163

2/29/16, 7:11 AM   #24
Re: BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine
MRAY3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I removed 1 sentence, tobtry not to incite further argument, but keep it up and try stretching the truth "most of his post".... Really grasping for straws aren't you.

It's become quite obvious to me that you're more interested in acting like a 5 year old that reverts back to petty insults rather than answering legitimate questions. Maybe you/your alter ego shouldn't have posted on here if you couldn't handle the questions from "people hiding behind a computer screen"

ps. If you get this worked up over someone asking how much you have into a project/prototype/whatever you want to call it, maybe the internet just isn't for you

I rest my case, there's no need to continue this conversation.

-Brandon Denton
x,
Go back and read these posts from the beginning and tell me who threw the first barb at whom. Look and see how many times I answered the question. I did not attach a dollar amount, but I did attach my explanation. You just didn't want to accept that and kept attacking me. After I responded, you removed part of your post. Maybe you shouldn't be posting on here if you can't handle getting a little taste of your own medicine. The one statement that you made that I will agree with is "There's no need to continue this conversation." Have a nice day...

Mark Ray

3 members like this post: dirtball, latemodel55, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA Legal Honda Midget Engine