IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Updates
4/27/13, 4:50 PM   #21
Re: Jacksonville Updates
kdobson

Not to turn this into a broadband discussion, but if there's anyone here that knows this kind of stuff, I would appreciate some insight...

Last week I was at the grocery store and notice my phone indicated I was in an AT&T wifi hotspot. So I called our connection at AT&T to see if that's something we could do at the race track along the same lines and was told that it wouldn't work with a bunch of people using data at the same time. Basically those AT&T hotspots are a single data connection that then others can use through wifi without burning their own data. So people with At&T are better off just using their own existing connection.

We are planning to get some good wired service to the track to use for video streams for stuff like last night with xsan, and also to stream internet feeds from other big races to our bar area. But, I would also like to make a wifi connection available to our fans so that the Verizon customers aren't without any data while at the track.

I have no idea whether that is practical with 1,000 or more people in the grandstand without spending a small fortune on a lot of bandwidth and high dollar equipment. Does anybody know whether making public wifi available at a race track is going to be too much for an average internet connection to handle? If it's possible with an average broadband plan and a few $50 wireless routers or whatever, we'd like to do it.

4/27/13, 8:19 PM   #22
Re: Jacksonville Updates
chathamracefan

I've seen several Powri shows & haven't been disappointed yet. Jacksonville is the perfect track for the midgets. Great racing for the lead in the feature.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Updates