IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal Updates
7/19/15, 11:56 AM   #21
hoosierhillbilly

When we were walking out. We commented that it looked like a group of zombies from the walking dead leaving the track. I cannot comment much on the race. still too tired

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, interpreter66
7/19/15, 12:57 PM   #22
Re: Kings Royal Updates
cowboyhar69

http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2015/0...s-royal-crown/

Bryan Clauson fast qualifier and 13th in the A main.....Rico 3rd in the A Main....read this from the article...so much for no passing in winged racing!!

On the final restart Stewart pulled away for victory, while Jason Johnson, Abreu, Sammy Swindell and Daryn Pittman rounded out the top-five. Stewart started 14th and charged to first, while Abreu came from 10th and Swindell started 16th.

A standing room only crowd.....

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 7/19/15 at 1:06 PM. Reason: addition

2 members like this post: fish, midnightrider
7/19/15, 1:33 PM   #23
Clydesdale

Great race, worth the wait. Lots of passing. No other dirt track that would have gotten the race in after the rain they got. It poured for literally 50 minutes, and that was only the first round of rain. As for the dust, we were sitting 6 rows from the bottom on the front straightaway and barely got a dust coating. You didn't even need glasses. I was at all of the ISW races up to Friday night and every one was dustier than Eldora last night, for comparison. I was surprised at how many of the same people I saw last night that I saw at putnamville on Thursday. For people that want to say wing or nonwing is better, I think a whole lot just want to see sprint car racing!

7/19/15, 1:54 PM   #24
Slider20

From 14th to take the win. Incredible

7/19/15, 3:05 PM   #25
suzuki756

Schatz ran out fuel 2 laps to go would have won it Stewart was hauling the mail . i pretty sure same thing happened last year with a few to go had to red flag because everyone was running out of fuel . track crew was awesome can't believe got it I will need wash everything . trailer trashed from all the slop in pits . can't even tell what color car is

3 members like this post: Clydesdale, fish, i love dirt track racing
7/19/15, 3:11 PM   #26
Flatrightrear

On another Eldora thread I stated that Sammy would have to start up front to finish up front and I'm happy to eat crow on that. From 16th to 4th with a new team for him and only their second night together I'd think they have to be very pleased. A lot of cars moved up last night so I'm glad everyone got to see a good race as you certainly deserved it after all the rain.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
7/19/15, 6:14 PM   #27
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
Great race, worth the wait. Lots of passing. No other dirt track that would have gotten the race in after the rain they got. It poured for literally 50 minutes, and that was only the first round of rain. As for the dust, we were sitting 6 rows from the bottom on the front straightaway and barely got a dust coating. You didn't even need glasses. I was at all of the ISW races up to Friday night and every one was dustier than Eldora last night, for comparison. I was surprised at how many of the same people I saw last night that I saw at putnamville on Thursday. For people that want to say wing or nonwing is better, I think a whole lot just want to see sprint car racing!
After the rain the dust wasn't as bad. Had it not rained though...would have been a complete brown out, the walls were still white after hot laps and qualifying before the rain and down in 3 & 4 we were eating dust.

That amount of rain helped substantially. Props to Eldora for getting it in though. Quite a few drivers put on quite a show.

Also glad Bell, Kinser, JoJo and everyone else that got on their lids last night are all ok, there were some nasty flips.

7/19/15, 8:00 PM   #28
midnightrider

There was a lot of passing in the feature. Haud started last in a local car and raced his way to eighth. Steve Kinser flipped hard in a heat race, Paige Polyak and Jojo Herbert both made the feature. There was a strong field of cars in both the 360 and 410 classes. I am still tired. But it was a herculean effort by the Eldora staff to get it in. Glad I was there.

2 members like this post: Clydesdale, cowboyhar69
7/19/15, 10:25 PM   #29
racefanindy

Agreed. Thanks to the track crew. That was a lot of prep work then, a lot of prep work AGAIN after the second rainstorm. We stayed for the duration. Johnny Gibson announced the feature was rolling off at 351am!! The track was wide & fast. Lots of good passing. Congratulations to Shane Stewart. Raced up from midpack start to take the win. What a LONG NIGHT!

7/19/15, 10:32 PM   #30
cowboyhar69

Video of the Kings Royal from Eldora's website

http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/races/...royal-weekend/

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal Updates