IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daren Clayton
5/18/08, 12:27 PM   #1
Daren Clayton
TRUCKER D

Does any one else out there think that daren should get back in his own car? Why is he so fast in his own car and not in the truckers car? Is it the car? The wrench man? The set up? He seems fast in his heat races. Why not in the main.

5/18/08, 1:15 PM   #2
Re: Daren Clayton
petey

I think he's fast he's just had some rotten luck so far this season. He had Haubstadt in the bag last weekend but the throttle linkage broke. The race at THAT was a tough break for sure. I never did hear what happened to him at Gas City the night Bill Rose won a few weeks ago. He was around 20th that night.

I have to say it's not quite the same without the 92 on the track. It's been a rough go for both Trucker's car and hope the team gets things going at the Hulman on Thurs. night.

5/18/08, 1:25 PM   #3
eli2448

I think Daron is fast in any car he gets in. He has had some tough luck lately but hopefully it turns around. He has won some in the truckers car. He won out at Perris and was fast as hell.

ELi

5/18/08, 1:26 PM   #4
sceckert

The grippier the track, the better it suits him. The track is always more tacky early, when he thrills in the heats. Haubstadt is tacky always, so that place is his playground--Nobody has ever driven that track better. And Terre Haute is just so wide it really suits his style.

5/18/08, 3:00 PM   #5
DAK SIMS

DC will be fine and the Tapy's have the best equipment also. The crew is great, Chris and Jim are as good as they come. Their luck will turn around soon. Just off to a bad start,,,,,,,there's a lot of racing left. Just my opinion.

5/18/08, 3:36 PM   #6
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceckert View Post
Haubstadt is tacky always, so that place is his playground--Nobody has ever driven that track better.
I agree with ya there Steve. He can pull off a diamond in the corners there better than anyone. I'm thinking about calling him "Diamond" Daron.

apologies to David Lee Roth:O:

5/18/08, 4:20 PM   #7
Onlydirt

Are our tracks ever not going to be dry slick anymore?? I dont want a mud bog, just a tacky racing surface that lasts. No knocks on any particular tracks, just curious if it will ever be?

5/18/08, 5:48 PM   #8
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Are our tracks ever not going to be dry slick anymore?? I dont want a mud bog, just a tacky racing surface that lasts. No knocks on any particular tracks, just curious if it will ever be?

Until the clay that was used in the old days is trucked in by the dump truck loads or track owners are able to use chemicals again I doubt you will get what you want. The way things are going I can not see how the track owners could afford to truck the good stuff to Indiana. After talking with some driver/owners this past weekend the surface may be the least of the fans worries. I know we are going all out this summer because there may not be a Spencer Racing next year, sad thing is we are not alone. As for D.C. I think last summer was his families last year unless something happened, the Truckers team is one of the best around and with a little luck will be back in the winners circle. I for one am glad Roger and Barb where there to keep Mr. Clayton racing. :respect:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

5/18/08, 6:02 PM   #9
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK SIMS View Post
DC will be fine and the Tapy's have the best equipment also. The crew is great, Chris and Jim are as good as they come. Their luck will turn around soon. Just off to a bad start,,,,,,,there's a lot of racing left. Just my opinion.
:thumb agree

5/19/08, 10:05 AM   #10
Nightgoat

I agree with Trucker D again, I just don't know about the chemistry of him and the team. He seemed to perform better with his own car. I mean who else has driven for truckers who didn't achieve real success and then was more competative after they left the team or were fired? I can think of Stanborough and maybe a couple of others. I guess my point is, maybe it's just not a good fit? Hunter Schuenberg(if that is how you spell it) was kind of in the same boat.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daren Clayton