IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taylor to driver for Mel Kenyon @Tony Stewart Midget Classic
7/20/15, 2:58 PM   #1
Taylor to driver for Mel Kenyon @Tony Stewart Midget Classic
USSA

2015 Mel Kenyon Midget Series point leader Dameron Taylor will be sitting a special place when he pushes off for the inaugural Tony Stewart Classic at the Lincoln Tech Indianapolis Speedrome on Saturday July 25. Taylor will be driving Mel Kenyon’s iconic yellow number 61 midget.

The Tony Stewart Midget Classic is a 100-lap race featuring the midget racers and will start up to 28 different drivers on the famed 1.5 mile Speedrome. A full day of racing is on tap with the spectator gates opening at 9:00 AM. The day’s events will include practice, qualifying, a dash, heat races and the 100-lap feature event.

“I’m honored to get the chance to run for the King of Midgets and Indy 500 driver Mel Kenyon,” said Taylor. “It means a lot to me for Mel to give me a chance to drive for him in the Tony Stewart Midget Classic.”

Taylor has led the 2015 Mel Kenyon Midget Series point battle since May 9th. In addition to sitting 5th on the all time winners list in the Mel Kenyon Midget Series, Taylor also earned the 2012 Simpson World Indy Rookie of the Year award.

When asked for his first reaction to getting asked to drive for Mel Kenyon, Taylor commented “I was speechless that I would get a chance to drive his car and I hope make Mel proud.”

3 members like this post: DAD, EBookerFan, PushEm
7/20/15, 7:19 PM   #2
Re: Taylor to driver for Mel Kenyon @Tony Stewart Midget Cla
11Chaudion

1.5 Mile. I didn't think it was that big!

1 member likes this post: back it in
7/20/15, 8:21 PM   #3
Jrp4554

It's not by any means 1.5 miles lol. It's a 1/5th mile

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taylor to driver for Mel Kenyon @Tony Stewart Midget Classic