IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Round 2 of ISW at Kokomo Speedway Saturday July 12th
7/13/14, 1:07 PM   #91
Re: Round 2 of ISW at Kokomo Speedway Saturday July 12th
Sandy Lowe

Chris Windom finished fourth at the June 13th USAC Indiana Midget Week show at Bloomington Speedway earlier this year.

7/13/14, 1:18 PM   #92
Tumey's 55

Random thoughts about last night:
- I am just a fan and not an insider, I know there is a lot of griping about USAC on this board. All I know is know when USAC brings the show to town it is special and in particular ISW is awesome. You get the best of the best.
- Justin Grant is good at Kokomo and he can ride the rim with anyone
- As for liking Kokomo and wanting all 7 ISW nights there, the O'Connors have that taken care of with Smackdown. Three consecutive nights of great racing, be there if you want a triple helping of last night.
- the track last night was about as good as it can get and stayed strong all night. Just a bit of track prep before the feature was all that was needed
- I'm sure there is something to complain about but I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, hope everyone else did as well

3 members like this post: Justigit, Koonzee, PAW
7/13/14, 1:44 PM   #93
Re: Round 2 of ISW at Kokomo Speedway Saturday July 12th
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves81 View Post
I meant the Windom and Bloomington deal
Last October there was a post on here stating that Chris Windom and Jeff Walker were banned from racing at Bloomington in 2014. It said it was due to non compliance with testing procedures or not resolving a rules infraction, something like that. Sandy said Chris ran there earlier this year at midget week, so maybe it has been resolved. I had never heard, so I was wondering what would happen Friday.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
7/13/14, 1:45 PM   #94
streetglider

A top of the cap to the Oconners , that family busts their ass to prepare a solid surface week in & week out ! They have the track prep down pat ! Their hard work was evident with a three groove heavy track last night & is appreciated by all

3 members like this post: Justigit, Koonzee, Melmo
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Round 2 of ISW at Kokomo Speedway Saturday July 12th