IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
1/4/13, 11:04 AM   #201
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
YOU are criticizing me about construction discussion... that's funny.

Please tell dirtywhiteboy I said hello.
If it was constructive I would not be doing it.

Honest Dad himself

1/4/13, 11:04 AM   #202
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
YOU are criticizing me about construction discussion... that's funny.

Please tell dirtywhiteboy I said hello.

1/4/13, 11:29 AM   #203
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
I kind of liked the sqaure tail tank. Thought it ought to have more slope in it though. Through the aid of the computer here is a vision of the direction tail tanks could take at the Rumble. Fans would love it!!!!! Shoot, if there were just a few more of them they could uncork the engine limits and start a new class and call them super modified midget munchkins.

And on a more serious side. Here's the Munchkin during 1988 at South Bend.

This is what happens when rules run amuck. Had it not been for USAC stepping in Midget racing could be an entirely different thing today. In Midget racing in the USA it is all about tradition, kinda of like vintage racing you know what I mean .

I can remember a post many years ago on a now defunct board about a UMRA race. The Racers were complaining about a young brash kid racing with them so hard that he might do damage to their race cars and their paint jobs. Are we heading toward the UMRA racing philosophy?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/4/13 at 11:53 AM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, fish, Tony Barhorst
1/4/13, 12:04 PM   #204
DAD

Was Bobby East driving a Kenyon car at the "RUMBLE" this year?

Since we were not invited back for this year we didn't go. Kind of a long ride to sit and just watch.

Honest Dad himself

1/4/13, 12:04 PM   #205
Lincoln Chapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Biting..... My..... Tongue...

Posted via Mobile Device
Come on man, just say it. Whatever it is, join the crowd.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/4/13, 12:15 PM   #206
Tony Barhorst

I just want to go on the record regarding rule changes I have made. We did not have a midget or 600 rule book prior to 2008. That year we started getting really creative weight attached to the left side.

We had to get that under control, because we were getting weight bolted on a nerf bar, another team had said if thats allowed, I am going to attach my battery out there. The time had come for rules.

Tony Stewarts Munchkin had the tired engine that came with the car when he bought it from Mike. It also had the large oil tank that came with the car.

When these new rules were enforced, Tony's Munchkin needed to be changed on the left side. TSR called after two years of not running our series, and wanted to know the new changes. They made all of them. None of these new rules were directed at TSR. They addressed the left side rules of the major sanctioning bodies. TSR complied like every team did. We are still watching closely.

In regard to Tony's new tail tank, we took a good look at it, and decided it was not a help to the car. This is where the fun part comes in. I let the tank ride, not as favoritism...but just as a fun item.

I have seen Tony Stewart take a conventional car to the front from last. It's not the car with him...it's the driver that gives him the advantage. Tony Stewart could win in Don Moore's car in my opinion.

Regarding Don Moore. I have been in a knock down, dragout IOW flame war regarding his opinions over the years. In my opinion, he was trying to have Dave Darlands car, and Tony's car ruled out by technicality.

That being said...Don Moore is the voice for many teams who would not air these views in a public forum. Don has many valid points...I can see why Tony responded to the Our Gang comment by Don. That gang is a group of respected racing personalities. But Don has also called the Chili Bowl the Silly Bowl. That's not the case...but it makes for fun conversation, and in no way hurts the Chili Bowl. Don has attened the Chili Bowl the last few years, and is going again this year.

What Don has said should not be taken personally by any fans. He is free to express his views and critical thinking.

When I say there will be a new tail tank rule..it's only because I don't want 5 teams with square tanks next year.

The rules will not be changed in a major way that costs teams $$...It will be really to close gray areas.

Everyone have a great New Year. The winning car Saturday night, Derek Bischak's midget is on the front page of our website. Congrats to Friday's winner Billy Wease and Derek, who are both very fast. We had good racing on a challenging track that was not rubberized as well as in the past.

Tony Barhorst
www.rumbleseries.com
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 1/4/13 at 1:43 PM.

1/4/13, 12:40 PM   #207
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Was Bobby East driving a Kenyon car at the "RUMBLE" this year?

Since we were not invited back for this year we didn't go. Kind of a long ride to sit and just watch.

Honest Dad himself
Hey Dad,

Bobby East was driving a the full midget that Mel Kenyon ran in our events until he retired in 2009.

Aaron Pierce made the feature one night in a Kenyon 1200 cc car. Pierce nearly won in that Kenyon car in 2003 I think. He folded up the left front trying to pass Rich Corson in an exciting finish.

Dad is a great American who is fun to chat with here and at the track. He owns 1000 cc Mini Sprints that run at Montpelier with full midgets. I have decided to not add the 1000 cc cars at Fort Wayne to run with the midgets.

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/4/13, 12:40 PM   #208
Premiere

Ken Schrader 1983
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalezoom/2217434509/in/photostream/

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Tony Barhorst
1/4/13, 1:19 PM   #209
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Hey Dad,

Bobby East was driving a the full midget that Mel Kenyon ran in our events until he retired in 2009.

Aaron Pierce made the feature one night in a Kenyon 1200 cc car. Pierce nearly won in that Kenyon car in 2003 I think. He folded up the left front trying to pass Rich Corson in an exciting finish.

Dad is a great American who is fun to chat with here and at the track. He owns 1000 cc Mini Sprints that run at Montpelier with full midgets. I have decided to not add the 1000 cc cars at Fort Wayne to run with the midgets.

That was probably a very good decision on your part Tony.
Many "traditional" Midget racers would have probably got their shorts up in a knot had we showed up. With the unfair advantage of that chain drive and stuff.

From looking at our times at the "Big E" we probably could have also made a USAC main up there, and that would have been very "MUNCHKIN UN-KOOL"

Looks like the car count out at the "Tulsa Shootout" is growing every year so I guess if we want to race on New Years (staying home is a drag) we will have to go West and chase that elusive "GOLDEN DRILLER".

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/4/13 at 2:53 PM.

1/4/13, 3:54 PM   #210
JoyceGB14

Your snide remarks to anyone that posts and doesn't agree with you, Mr. Moore is so childish and unbecoming!
Last edited by JoyceGB14; 1/4/13 at 3:56 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank