IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute- What I learned
7/27/23, 2:48 PM   #1
Terre Haute- What I learned
kb78

Maybe it's me but I can feel the tradition when I walk into this track
They never get a huge car count here, but the quality is there. All the heros on a hero track
This and Eldora may be Ballou's best tracks, I am surprised he didin't come forward in the feature
I don't know what broke but he took a nasty lick at the end of the race
The cushion was triiicky, I think everyone got tripped up at least once.
I thought the parking was screwed up when I came in but it was the easiest track to get out of with everyone I witnessed being polite and patient.

7/27/23, 3:00 PM   #2
Re: Terre Haute- What I learned
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
Maybe it's me but I can feel the tradition when I walk into this track
They never get a huge car count here, but the quality is there. All the heros on a hero track
This and Eldora may be Ballou's best tracks, I am surprised he didin't come forward in the feature
I don't know what broke but he took a nasty lick at the end of the race
The cushion was triiicky, I think everyone got tripped up at least once.
I thought the parking was screwed up when I came in but it was the easiest track to get out of with everyone I witnessed being polite and patient.
The PA system has to be the worst ever. Looks like it won't get fixed this year.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, RedRacer07, tirespinner
7/27/23, 3:04 PM   #3
FALCONEDDIE

Well it appears that Shane Cottle ran in the back of Ballou as he was cutting down and if he had no brakes that was all she wrote. Yes it was definitely a nasty scene and surely could have been disastrous but Thank God Robert was able to keep the car out of the crowd just behind the wall.

3 members like this post: open_wheel_outlaw, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/27/23, 4:06 PM   #4
flagboy55

78, you are correct about the feeling of hallowed ground’s. One thing I didn’t learn but something that I already knew is I wish we could run Terre Haute on the Weekend. I’m a big JG fan and happy he won but it looked like a careless move that got into the 33 in the heat race. Did anyone see what exactly happened?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/27/23, 4:47 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
78, you are correct about the feeling of hallowed ground’s. One thing I didn’t learn but something that I already knew is I wish we could run Terre Haute on the Weekend. I’m a big JG fan and happy he won but it looked like a careless move that got into the 33 in the heat race. Did anyone see what exactly happened?
Same thing Hamlin did to Larson.

1 member likes this post: MBoersma
7/27/23, 5:40 PM   #6
kb78

Well,
I am a JG fan myself, but it looked to me that he just slid up thinking that he had Westfall beat to the spot and he didn't. To my knowledge, no one has asked either party publicly what their point of view was but it looked to me like JG just screwed up.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, tirespinner
7/27/23, 7:34 PM   #7
CCI

Hamlin's was intentional

1 member likes this post: Joekocjan
7/27/23, 8:06 PM   #8
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCI View Post
Hamlin's was intentional
That happens when racing for the WIN 🏆

1 member likes this post: Joekocjan
7/27/23, 8:45 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

I happened to run in to Bill Rose near the food trucks last night after USAC Sprints qualifying. I know Bill casually from living near him in Plainfield IN for years. After speaking for a minute, he said that he hoped people would forgive him if it got a little dusty. He then said they had put 35 truckloads of water on the track since approx. 2 PM, and it still probably wasn’t enough. I sure hope he didn’t have to pay the water bill!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, rimrider69, tirespinner
7/28/23, 9:33 AM   #10
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Thanks to Bill Rose THAT is alive and well. Is it perfect yet? no but few track are. All his efforts are greatly appreciated.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute- What I learned