IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who will be driving these cars
7/24/16, 9:51 PM   #1
Who will be driving these cars
pepprdig

With the Amati 66 being open and now the Mike Dutcher 17, who will be the new drivers?

7/24/16, 10:35 PM   #2
flagboy55

I have to say I'm surprised by the lack of success with the Dutcher car this season, as well as the parting of TMEZ and the 66. Just an idea but if they are looking for young talent, they might want to consider Spencer Bayston. He seems to be a star in the making. Probably committed to the midget program, but I think it would be worth a call

3 members like this post: GYATK94, SteveW, tirespinner
7/24/16, 10:36 PM   #3
pepprdig

I'm a Justin grant fan, I'd love to see him in a good car again

7/24/16, 10:45 PM   #4
rightfootrampage

Maybe time to get Dakota jackson in good equipment for once? If you want young talent that is.

4 members like this post: miwingless, Nate, scottyCbus, tirespinner
7/24/16, 10:51 PM   #5
streetglider

Of course go with Spencer ! Another golden boy that hasn't earned a stripe. He's driven nothing but the best equipment around. Ever seen him show up anywhere with his OWN car or equipment ????? Enough said !!!! Heck even Charlie Sarver could win with the cars Bayston has driven.
Oh wait ... Charlie owned & worked on his own stuff.

2 members like this post: gtownplowboy, Indy1808
7/24/16, 11:31 PM   #6
openwheelfan1

Silly season sure is starting early in the Indiana sprint season! TMez, Justin Grant, and C J Leary have all left or been released from their rides in the last two weeks. It will be interesting to see who winds up where when the merry-go-round music stops. Although I like him as a driver, I can't see Jon Stanbrough remaining in the Amati #66 car through season's end. It will definitely be interesting to watch.

7/24/16, 11:42 PM   #7
flagboy55

Dog gone glider, you sound bitter. It's funny, people sometimes belly ache about the KKM car's having an unfair advantage. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and I'm sure money and ******** are involved somewhere, but that's the world we live in. I would submit also that somewhere along the line they evaluate talent as well, and the record shows they have an eye for it. I'm for the underdog too, but I don't give a damp if someone drove their own car or not, or if they built it from the ground up, and know every bolt and nut. If I own a car that I think can win, and looking for a young driver that I think can fill the bill, I would give Spencer a call. I mean, I don't recall Jeff Gordon ever driving junk, but I do recall seeing him win a lot. BTW, I have never met Spencer Bayston so I don't have any reason to endorse him other than what I see as his potential to win races, which as a car owner is what I'm looking for

7/25/16, 12:22 AM   #8
Re: Who will be driving these cars
Nate

There are a number of drivers out there deserving of good rides. As mentioned above I'd like to see Dakota in a top notch ride.

Two guys that I've been very impressed with are Josh Hodges, already picked up a win at Kokomo against some of the best in the sport and held his own during ISW. Also, Tyler Thomas. For a guy that just stepped into a sprint in June. He's already got a win as well and also made the main in all but 1 ISW race I believe. If these two keep gaining experience I think both will be very deserving of a top ride in the future.

Personally, if I owned a car I'd put T-Mez in it.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
7/25/16, 1:44 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

3 members like this post: hairracer44, PIT CART, trannyman
7/25/16, 8:17 AM   #10
Ty

What a silly post. Spencer is what? 18 at most? The kid is a heck of a gasser for how young he is.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, GYATK94, Jim Gardner, jjones752, SteveW
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who will be driving these cars