IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Five lap tribute
10/17/11, 3:36 PM   #11
Re: Five lap tribute
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Only thing that could have made it better was to do the missing man formation on the last of the 5 parade laps. Don't know what it is about the bagpipes but they get me every time.
Seems like bagpipes have a way of meaning things didn't go well, and yes, the "missing man" formation would have been nice, however, under the circumstances, I felt they thought of a lot, and, how many would have known what the "odd" formation had reference to. Bob!

10/17/11, 3:55 PM   #12
DAD

RIP all of the race drivers and crewmen that have lost their lives while doing something that they really cared deeply about.
Last edited by DAD; 10/17/11 at 4:26 PM.

10/17/11, 4:40 PM   #13
racer-x

When Joe Rebmon lost his life they had a missing man the following race at Plymouth ,in for the hoss race. Something about the day after someone you watch that races get killed in a racecar.. Cant explain it,, just makes you feel blahhh!

10/17/11, 7:27 PM   #14
Jonr

Watch the laps on YouTube today. The comments about ABC were right on. The comments about the track announcer were right on. I wish he would have been quiet. The missing man formation would have been nice, but it would have taken some explanaiton from the announcers. I like the way they did it better.

BTW. Which missing man do you prefer? Pole position in front of the field with the pole position empty, or lining up with no one on the pole.

10/17/11, 9:42 PM   #15
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
The comments about the track announcer were right on. I wish he would have been quiet.
Just for clarification, that was not the track announcer. It was the IMS Radio Network's Mike King who was speaking. The PA system was just playing the radio network feed. They probably should have just shut that off in that moment.

10/18/11, 8:33 AM   #16
dblnickel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Very touching and emotional. I was glad to see it. The bagpipes playing made the tears roll down my cheeks
Amen!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Five lap tribute