IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unprofessional poll
4/22/23, 7:24 PM   #11
Pitdad

Single file please. And leave the lapped cars in place. Why should cars that didn’t lap them get the free pass? If the drivers of lapped cars choose to go to the back, good for them. Now, if they don’t make that choice, it needs to be made VERY CLEAR to them at the drivers meeting and over the radio the importance of holding a consistent racing line so that they don’t become another yellow.

Stop trying to manufacture drama.

7 members like this post: captrat, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, PAW, racenut69, skids59, spicoli
4/22/23, 8:52 PM   #12
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Double file is for Stock cars and Slot cars and all other forms of simulated racing!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, flagboy55, Grocery Guy
4/22/23, 9:35 PM   #13
Re: Unprofessional poll
yeleyfan76

55 if I didn’t know any better I’d think you set me up for disaster on this topic. In true fashion of my existence I’m not surprised that I’m the only double file restart fan on here. Growing up in the east with big block modifieds it was always double file in the heats and double file until the last five laps of the feature. I didn’t get the last five laps thing but that’s me. The first time I went out to central pa for sprint cars and saw single file all nite I asked what that was about and the fan next to me said that’s what sprint cars do.
As usual my opinion won’t be popular but here goes. My background of big block modifieds taught me a few things. They were all about passing. We started the point leader 18th every week after the third event. Double file restarts did aid in getting the faster cars who always started in the back a chance to move forward. I’ve argued at nauseum about my disdain for TTs and putting fast cars up front and thinking passing is about lapping slow cars. The dumbest thing going is a single file restart after one lap and the car in 22nd is a half track behind the leader at drop of green and can’t pass until a cone. I got too used to watching passing not a high speed freight train waiting for the leader to catch slower cars so others might catch him.
Modified racing today is not as good as was back then, but they still run double file restarts to promote passing not following. To the poster who said the leader in a double file restart could get jumped by second place, then go to the Delaware double file restart where leader is by himself and rows of two behind. If double file restarts are so bad and people complain that they cause more yellows(which is not totally true), then please explain why the original start is double file and the machinations are completely different?
Again I know my answer won’t be popular on this board but to blanketly say they are dumb and a gimmick is a shallow answer at best.
Thanks for the fun 55, we got rained out tonite at Bridgeport for the nw 360s so a little bench racing is what is left.

6 members like this post: 3R, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, MBoersma, sjracer26
4/22/23, 9:45 PM   #14
flagboy55

76 , I’m always happy to have you chime in , doesn’t matter if we agree or not. You’re heritage makes perfect sense, I’m sure mine contributes to my opinion. On some of our conversations, you have brought to light some procedures that I think would be great. I wish we could try them here. Unfortunately that’s not going to happen. Just to toast a beer with you, for sprint car’s, as with the outlaws, I can’t stand straight up starts like they do.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
4/22/23, 11:39 PM   #15
jdull99

Single file. Move lapped cars. The lucky dog is ok too!

If "double file" is a MUST, at least let the leader out front by himself tho (the mentioned "Delaware double file")
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/22/23 at 11:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
4/23/23, 2:38 PM   #16
BrentTFunk

While I prefer single file restarts work in some series. A single file restart in a wing race can get pretty strung out quick. I think the Delaware style is interesting. I thought the choose cone mixed things up a bit. I don't know that it makes it more likely to crash.

4/23/23, 3:44 PM   #17
Rpracing1

Single file…..Leader determines start anywhere on back straightaway.

4/23/23, 4:15 PM   #18
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Double file restarts for traveling series single file for local shows.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
4/23/23, 5:13 PM   #19
dsc1600

Single file restarts with lapped cars staying behind the leader. Anything we can do to zap as much excitement from the race as possible.

1 member likes this post: Eatin Dirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unprofessional poll