IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO/USAC Sprint Doubleheader, UMP Mods BOTH DAYS 9/17 & 9/18
9/18/14, 7:52 AM   #11
Re: WoO/USAC Sprint Doubleheader, UMP Mods BOTH DAYS 9/17 &
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
They worked the track 3 times and had the caution lights go out, that is why it went later tonight. I would say the feature was the most entertaining which is the way it is suppose to be. IMO the WoO show at Haubstadt was better but you gotta get out and support the tracks or they wont stay open.
I have seldom seen super entertaining WoO heat races.... BUT, it's always about the feature and I have seen many WoO that were just flat out amazing.

9/18/14, 11:33 AM   #12
Macon Racing

Tonight at the Terre Haute Action Track it is the Jim Hurtubise Classic. The USAC Racing AMSOIL INC. National Sprint Car Series takes to the historic 1/2 mile in what is SURE to be a great night of non-winged sprint car racing. UMP Modifieds will be accompanying the program. Ken Schrader and Kenny Wallace will be racing their Modifieds.
Grandstands/Infield Open: 4PM
Pits Open: 3PM
Hot Laps: 6:30
Racing: To Follow Hot Laps
* All Times Eastern *

9/18/14, 1:06 PM   #13
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

Wallace's plans changed after losing a motor last night. Getting a new 1 in now and racing close to home.

9/18/14, 2:00 PM   #14
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Semi entertaining show. Will say this much, those WOO cars are bad fast on the half. In dash they unofficially had schatz under the track record of like 16.6 or so. That my friends is smokin! Will also add that they prob had twice as many people in the stands than the USAC show will have. I do not understand it .
Bob,

I don't understand it either. I guess it is because WoO has better promotion. Hate to miss tonights race, but I have to be prepared for the drive to Eldora.

9/18/14, 2:18 PM   #15
rpedersen20

One of the reasons for the higher attendance is you can go see our favorites any night of the week(darland,bro show,and many others). To be able to see the WOO guys you have to go to the show. If USAC could pay their drivers enough to only race USAC shows and nothing else attendance would be through the roof for USAC shows. At one time if i am not wrong you could only run USAC shows if you were a regular USAC guy. Again tho, they use to pay enough for the drivers to not need any other shows but USAC. Make it so you could only see the big USAC guys at nothing but USAC shows and attendance would be way up. I'll save money any day of the week and stay close to home for a local show. Lower gas costs usually and always lower ticket prices.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/18/14, 3:01 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpedersen20 View Post
One of the reasons for the higher attendance is you can go see our favorites any night of the week(darland,bro show,and many others). To be able to see the WOO guys you have to go to the show. If USAC could pay their drivers enough to only race USAC shows and nothing else attendance would be through the roof for USAC shows. At one time if i am not wrong you could only run USAC shows if you were a regular USAC guy. Again tho, they use to pay enough for the drivers to not need any other shows but USAC. Make it so you could only see the big USAC guys at nothing but USAC shows and attendance would be way up. I'll save money any day of the week and stay close to home for a local show. Lower gas costs usually and always lower ticket prices.
Yes, it is true that USAC drivers only ran USAC shows back in the day. Some drivers raced under assumed names to avoid penalties; ie, Jimmy Sills aka Luke Warmwater.

9/18/14, 4:32 PM   #17
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovnRBNASen4 A little more on-board footage. This from Jimmy Light qualifying at The Action Track. LOL at the audio at the end.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO/USAC Sprint Doubleheader, UMP Mods BOTH DAYS 9/17 & 9/18