IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/8/08, 3:43 PM   #101
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
KOP

Ummmm, can't argue with that comment. I do need to make a visit to see you. Still looking for my invite for free room and board.....:O:

I will be hitting the Sprint Bandit races next week. in fact, I will be working at Lakeside in KC the 15th and 16th. Come on down to that. I'll buy you a buffet lunch Saturday afternoon. The regulars know where I'll take you

8/8/08, 3:58 PM   #102
service manager

:thumbsdown: Here we go again Usuck not doing your job and checking the track before all of the race teams and fans come to watch!! Sure you guys have been so busy after the Stewart deal that one of you could have not drove there to check on the saftey of the track. Instead you let all the people show up then one of you don't have the balls to tell the fans what is going on nice job USUCK!!!

8/8/08, 4:05 PM   #103
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOP View Post
Ummmm, can't argue with that comment. I do need to make a visit to see you. Still looking for my invite for free room and board.....:O:

I will be hitting the Sprint Bandit races next week. in fact, I will be working at Lakeside in KC the 15th and 16th. Come on down to that. I'll buy you a buffet lunch Saturday afternoon. The regulars know where I'll take you
You're always invited! :thumb
Bummer about Lakeside...workin both days. :thumbsdown:
David.

8/8/08, 5:25 PM   #104
bigmojo5

http://www.unioncountyspeedway.com/

8/8/08, 8:08 PM   #105
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9bro View Post

You are right I have never met or worked with Mr. Stabb, I just see how everyone on this board has bashed USAC for the poor state it has gotton to while he was involved or at the head of the organization, he must not have been doing something right, and the volumes it speaks with him not there any longer is :shoutbetter for the future of the sport!!
6 posts on IOW and you're mindlessly ripping a guy who lives and breathes our sport. A guy who has raced and won many, many features and championships. A guy who has been a promoter himself. And a guy that tirelessly worked to improve USAC's brand of racing. Your statement about "the volumes it speaks without him there any longer" is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard on here and speaks volumes about your lack of any knowledge of what you're talking about. Stop embarrasing yourself.

8/9/08, 12:07 AM   #106
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
6 posts on IOW and you're mindlessly ripping a guy who lives and breathes our sport. A guy who has raced and won many, many features and championships. A guy who has been a promoter himself. And a guy that tirelessly worked to improve USAC's brand of racing. Your statement about "the volumes it speaks without him there any longer" is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard on here and speaks volumes about your lack of any knowledge of what you're talking about. Stop embarrasing yourself.
What some have forgotten is that Greg Staab is not a "long time" employee of USAC. He was only hired a couple of years ago (if that long) and has done an incredible job of recruiting new tracks and new regions into the USAC fold, in the short time he was there. This debacle at Liberty last night just shows you what myopic thinkers Kevin Miller and his Jason & Jason clan really are. Greg Staab has forgotten more about Sprint/Midget racing than any of the three aforementioned have ever known. Great call, Kevin, on the rehiring of the Jason twins and the release of Greg. It's really paid off so far, hasn't it??? Would really appreciate it if you had the "B@lls" to get on here and justify that move. Really, Kevin, if you're any kind of leader at all, you'll respond. Right now, your organization is a joke.

8/9/08, 8:23 AM   #107
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
It seems that USAC did send out a very qualified representative to inspect this track prior to race date, the problem was this representative had already been told he would no longer have a job with USAC in the very near future so with that in mind it would seem quite possible that this USAC rep may and I use the word may strongly due to the passion this person has for the sport but he may have just pulled a big up yours to USAC and cleared the track as safe knowing full well it was not?

Quote:
As I stated in the post it is conceivable that he MAY have done this, and you missed my point entirely, what I was saying was IF he had done this it was knowing full well USAC would not run the show due to safety reasons and they would have to pull out on race day and look like a bunch of idiots in doing so. Looks to me like he may have played the card perfectly as you can see by this 7 page bash USAC thread.
Looks likes this poster is in need of a rectal cranial extraction or a prime case of his brain having that deadly ID10T problem.

8/9/08, 8:25 AM   #108
dirtywhiteboy

I am not a USAC supporter anymore. It's not because of this latest incident but for many many many incidents before. They should have visited the track and made the track address these issues way before the day of the race. They are right down the street from the IMS which had a similar debacle when Michelin tired teams F1 pulled out of the USGP. Don't they remember how bad that looked yet USAC allowed this very similar event to happen again.

USAC please stop making yourself look like a third rate circus. It's starting to become painful to watch a once great series and oganization fall to the level of being a sideshow act at tracks.

Not "certifying" this track USAC caliber weeks ago is a sign there are more problems with USAC than we are lead to believe. So far Kevin Miller hasn't done anything to make me rethink my opinion of USAC. His admission of responsibility was great for cancelling but this should have been done weeks ago and not the day of the race.

If USAC screws up the Tony Betenhausen 100 next Saturday, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever go to a USAC event be it the Tony Bettenhausen 100 or the Rumble Series in Ft. Wayne.

8/9/08, 8:45 AM   #109
Tony Barhorst

I want to apologize for what happened at Liberty Thursday. I have asked to be on the "Racin With D.O. Show" Monday to personally explain my side of events. Right now I am still stunned that teams would pull out of an event. I asked teams to work with us to get through this year, and they still loaded up and left THEIR fans without explanation. This hurt the fans and MY vision of them.

Jason McCord and I were fixing the issues that the teams had. We fixed the largest problem of the exposed concrete footer. We fixed the rebar problem, and others. And teams still pulled out. I feel that other tracks have some of the same issues: One USAC track this year had a large grader and other vehicles within stiking distance of race cars...and the teams did not pull out on them then. Even after Chad Boat hit the grader. I think fans know other tracks have vehicles within striking distance of race cars.

We fixed the problems...I have photos of the track after the races, and will show the footer held up decently.

I am in the entertainment businesss, and the show must ALWAYS go on, no matter what. Therefore we had safe races after USAC left.

The buck stops with me, and I take the blame. But I feel we could
have had a good USAC race based on the non points race we had. I paid the full USAC midget purse for the 14 fine teams that stayed.

Greg Staab.....Who toured the track with, gave the green light on having a race at Liberty. (I spoke with Greg yesterday, and he is doing VERY well) His firing had a part in this. My USAC rep was now GONE. The changes we asked for were not made by the Union County Speedway track owner. Keep in mind..they do have races at UCS every week with modifieds, and these issues did not come up with them. As a first year leasee of his track, I thought we fixed the problems when the teams still pulled out of the gate without anyone notifying me. I was not invited to any USAC meeting. I was trying the fix the problems. No one from USAC would tell anyone, the announcer what was happening.

I had to make the best of a bad situation , and still race. As a longtime USAC fan myself I am very sorry this happened, but am working through the issues with USAC. Listen for more developments soon. Have patience with the situation, and still go to the rest of Midget Week.

I wish the USAC Midget Week race tracks well as the series continues tonight at L-Burg. Dave Rudisell is a class act. Support Midget Week.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
Rumbleseries.com
Classic Motorsports, Inc.

8/9/08, 11:16 AM   #110
racefan20

Tony most things will be forgiven and forgotten over time. The one thing I think will take a bit longer(and that you didnt mention in your apology) is questioning the manhood and courage of the drivers who left. That was uncalled for. One of the teams leaving was TSR. Do you suppose Tony will want to race in your Rumble races or let you promote his appearance after you called his drivers pansies. Just wondering...........

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week