IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
7/26/21, 8:17 AM   #11
Re: Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
Kart#51

This is where an old school visit from the likes of Hewitt and Kinser would knock this garbage off. There is no self policing in the sport today by the drivers because of our societal standards. The cars are being used as weapons hence the move Grant put on Rodgers. That was as blatant and bad as it gets and luckily Rodgers wasn't hurt. I haven't seen a missed slider that bad since Hewitt sent McSpadden into Preble county in 1991 at Eldora. At least Jack had the Ba!!s to say I screwed up as he crashed with the Tornado too.

This isn't Grant's first time finding front ends. This slider is in no way a defensible and the fact he smirked and laughed it off, tells me everything I need to know about him.

Karma will find him one day and I know there are some guys that are waiting to pay that tab back in spades.
Last edited by Kart#51; 7/26/21 at 8:19 AM.

7/26/21, 8:30 AM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The good, Most of these wrecks see the driver either unhurt or just sore these days.

The bad, ALL OF THEM WON'T,

Weather it was power tools, tractors or driving cars, I was always taught the minute you don't respect it. Is the minute it bites you. Possibly permanently. Yes, Racing has some chance to it. It also has choice.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/26/21 at 8:35 AM.

7/26/21, 8:40 AM   #13
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
It’s important to note. There is no penalty for contact in USAC. So I’ve been told
So that should mean no penalty for fist to mouth contact then.

7/26/21, 9:04 AM   #14
Rpracing1

Nothing new.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/26/21, 9:20 AM   #15
jonboat15

It seems to be the "professional" racers vs. the "hobby" racers. The serious pros do this for a living and don't care about the local or lower budget teams and don't care if they run them out of parts. Its sad but its been that way for decades. I don't like it and would like to see the top dogs drive a little more cleanly, since they claim to be the best. Disappointed in Bacon and JG but I won't quit wearing their shirts, even Tmez talks his jazz and then runs into people. I really feel for the lower budget teams, I was there once. When I see a crash all I see is dollar signs after the driver gets out and hope that that team has the resources to continue racing.
I hear that KTJ's dad has paid for some of the damage his son has caused?
It might be old school but maybe there should be some black eyes and fat lips passed around to deter some of the on track contact. How come no one pulls BS moves on Shane Cottle?

7/26/21, 9:30 AM   #16
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
Back in the day there would of been some split lips.
Back in the day there likely would have been someone seriously injured or killed. The safety of today's cars and driver protective equipment is great, but the elimination of the fear of death or injury has led to this type of racing.

7/26/21, 9:56 AM   #17
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
40 to 50 drivers going at it for sometimes just making the show. Going to be some hard cut throat racing. It would be boring if they didn’t take chances.
There is a BIG difference in taking chances and doing something that you absolutely know isn’t going to end well.

7/26/21, 10:08 AM   #18
flagboy55

Just a couple other observations. I can’t defend the move whatsoever but I don’t think Jaden was a “target” or Justin used his car as a “weapon” It was a bad slide job gone wrong. Again I’m not defending JG, and thing’s are happening quickly on the race track but maybe a tap of the brake and Justin goes flying into the cushion and Rogers turns underneath him and drives back bye. One last thing, I’m pretty sure there are penalties for physical contact in USAC

7/26/21, 10:08 AM   #19
kb78

I'm a huge JG fan so I'm biased here but I think a few folks on here need to get of their high horses. Brady Bacon does not have any history of dirty driving. He did get into Weir pretty bad but it's not like it happens all the time, I think I'll give him a pass on this one.
Grant does have a history of being aggressive but I don't think he "laughed" off his contact with Rogers, he said he would look at the video and if he short slid him he was sorry but if Rogers had a chance to stab the brakes and cut under him he was not. That's an honest assessment if not properly contrite.
These two get ran into as much as the next guy and they usually shrug it off as hard racing and go on. As I recall Grant got ran over by Bilbee early in the feature that gave him a flat and nothing was said about it.

There will be a lot of contact this week amongst all of the competitors, but there will be infinitely more side by side close racing between fierce competitors and that is what I will be watching.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, oppweld
7/26/21, 10:31 AM   #20
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
but I don't think he "laughed" off his contact with Rogers, he said he would look at the video and if he short slid him he was sorry but if Rogers had a chance to stab the brakes and cut under him he was not. That's an honest assessment if not properly contrite.
These two get ran into as much as the next guy and they usually shrug it off as hard racing and go on. As I recall Grant got ran over by Bilbee early in the feature that gave him a flat and nothing was said about it.

Grant didn't want to admit he was short and did his best to pass the buck and gave a BS answer. He knew he was short. Why, does the guy whos running that line have an obligation to lift if the other is short, hence this situation? There is a difference between contact and sending someone into the next county. That slider takes a long time to develop going uphill and decelerating where as going to a hole on entry can close quite quickly hence the Bilbee situation. I give Bilbee credit, he could have flat drilled him in the driver compartment if he continued to entry and didn't try to veer right, which just cut a LR.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.