IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Rule 33
2/1/09, 11:36 AM   #1
MSCS Rule 33
DonRacer

33. ENGINES - Steel or aluminum blocks with any cubic inch.

Anyone in the Midwest Sprint Car Series using anything other than a conventional 410?

2/1/09, 11:42 AM   #2
Re: MSCS Rule 33
Motormasher

I have never seen anything out of the ordinary. Couple of guys from Illinois running a Ford motor. No big blocks, 6 cyinders or pontiacs that ive seen. Just my observations and I look at just about everybodys cars. (Cause I love sprint cars!):thumb

2/1/09, 12:37 PM   #3
racephoto1

I know a couple guys who are bigger than 410, more like 420.

2/1/09, 12:47 PM   #4
bigmojo5

Sure sounds like run what you brung. Might be interesting to see what kind of motors develop. Also curious about what prompted this. Knowledge of someone with a big engine, or fear of restrictive rules costing the sanctioning body competitors.
Jim Morrison

2/1/09, 12:49 PM   #5
Motormasher

I guess I forgot about the "Left Handed" engines but you can't tell the difference just looking at the engines, you got to know what to look for "on the track". As far as cubic inch goes thats always been a quessing game?:confused:

With MSCS you can run anything ya brung!!! No checking of cubes or fuel, just as long as you got on your junky a$$ DT-3 so they get their PROMOTION MONEY!!!

2/1/09, 1:09 PM   #6
cecil98

I would love to pull one of those DOHC Fords out of mothballs, punch it out as big as it could go and run it. just the sound would be worth it!

2/1/09, 1:15 PM   #7
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
I guess I forgot about the "Left Handed" engines but you can't tell the difference just looking at the engines, you got to know what to look for "on the track". As far as cubic inch goes thats always been a quessing game?:confused:

With MSCS you can run anything ya brung!!! No checking of cubes or fuel, just as long as you got on your junky a$$ DT-3 so they get their PROMOTION MONEY!!!
Dave,

Im not sure why you have to get on here and always bash the MSCS. If there is an issue or something I can try and resolve for you then please feel free to call me. Negitivity never gets you anywhere.

Jason Adams-Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
(H)812-753-4937
(C)812-390-3110

2/1/09, 2:48 PM   #8
Motormasher

Sorry Jason, Im not bashing MSCS at all, better read my posts a little closer. I think you have the best series going and I have already said that 2 or 3 times.

I do hate the tire rule bucause its UNFAIR and UN-AMERICAN.

I just stated the facts here about this subject. Period.

2/1/09, 2:50 PM   #9
tinkertoys

as far as lefty's go all you have to look at is the rearend. Then the dt3 keepss the big engines from winning any way. who's to say you even need a 410 with out the wing. Motormasher do you ever race? Who are you what #?

2/1/09, 3:19 PM   #10
Motormasher

Tinker you can't tell by looking at the rearend any more, the new ones are different than the old ones.

2ndly, you couldn't be more wrong about the DT-3. Everyone is buzzing this tire as hard as they can to make it work while running the OW 96 on the left rear to make it drive off. Thats why I keep saying non wingy is as expensive as with a wing. If you don't have a big motor your not gonna be competive anymore non wingin it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Rule 33