IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > From Kokomo Speedway Facebook Page: Preliminary Entry List
4/8/14, 5:41 PM   #11
Re: From Kokomo Speedway Facebook Page: Preliminary Entry Li
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

So, is the lot outside of the gate? This is my first trip to this track. The way I read their rules no cooler's on the property.

4/8/14, 5:51 PM   #12
THS

Just no coolers through the gate to the grandstands. We're getting the camper ready tomorrow night. Looks like great weather for a great show!!!
Last edited by THS; 4/8/14 at 5:54 PM.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
4/8/14, 5:52 PM   #13
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
So, is the lot outside of the gate? This is my first trip to this track. The way I read their rules no cooler's on the property.
Yes, the parking lot is outside of the gates. You can anything you want outside but no carry ins are allowed once inside the gates

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
4/8/14, 5:52 PM   #14
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

You cant take anything into the track its self..I think it would be okay to have a cooler at you car or your tent for that matter..but as for taking anything in you can't do that. Hope you enjoy your first trip to Kokomo..Its a bad a$$ track and should be a great show!

Tyler

4/8/14, 6:27 PM   #15
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
We are making our first trip to Kokomo also, tried to make Holiday Inn reservations for Fri. & Sat. nights & Fri. is booked so we thought about pitching a tent, we did get a room Sat. night & there was only 4 left for that night. If we do throw a tent are we allowed a cooler with food & drink? Thanks
Ya gotta get a van i'm telling you,to slum it properly! Ground will probably be a bit moist for tenting it I would think. Would want an air mattress under me if I was tenting.

What everyone else said about the coolers. I think the concessions are reasonably priced for the most part. I usually get a pork chop sandwich and a drink or 2 when I am there.

There are a bunch of motels in Kokomo,so you can always check with others to see what the availability is. Others can chime in on where they stay etc,and there are posters here from Kokomo as well,that can tell you better on whats what in town.

Good thing you saw the light,and decided to come to Kokomo!

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, Onlydirt, speed bump
4/8/14, 7:13 PM   #16
addictedtodirt

Luckybuc wont be the only one camping out. My brother and I plan to. As as will many more I'm betting.
The only problem I foresee is finding down time during an all open wheel show to head to the parking lot cooler for a beer or 3.
See you there!

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
4/8/14, 8:03 PM   #17
Tim Watson

I'm looking forward to spending my first race trip of 2014 by sleeping on the floor of the van!

1 member likes this post: speed bump
4/8/14, 8:20 PM   #18
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
We are making our first trip to Kokomo also, tried to make Holiday Inn reservations for Fri. & Sat. nights & Fri. is booked so we thought about pitching a tent, we did get a room Sat. night & there was only 4 left for that night. If we do throw a tent are we allowed a cooler with food & drink? Thanks
Not sure what is happening in Kokomo which is filling beds on Friday night. I just called the Days Inn and Suites where I always stay and they do have rooms on Friday, but they are business kings which are a little more. Regular doubles and kings are sold out. Number is 765-453-7100 if you are interested.

4/8/14, 8:24 PM   #19
racing2bwithu2

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 63

Darn, just called Fairfield and they are full. Guess I'll wait till we get in town and go from there.

4/8/14, 8:49 PM   #20
Blitzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I'm looking forward to spending my first race trip of 2014 by sleeping on the floor of the van!
So if I go same rout of sleeping in vehicle. There are bathrooms available to use during the night for over night campers?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > From Kokomo Speedway Facebook Page: Preliminary Entry List