IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats
3/27/14, 6:12 PM   #61
Re: Gas City Seats
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
What I do not understand, that many years ago they added new bleachers on the east side. But the made them just like old bleachers. That did not make sense.
That is the only way they could get a permit. They had to match up to the old ones

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
3/27/14, 7:24 PM   #62
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

There are quite a few ppl from gas city that support the track and the city/track have always had a really good relationship..but like any town that has a track on the outer limits or in town there are always those ones that complain about everything..having the race track has really helped the businesses out by the interstate on the weekends with hotel reservations and the eatery's..I will admit the bleachers arent the most comfy ones out there but if your seeing good racing that should be all that matters..and if your staying home because you dont like the bleachers than its your own loss..but I have supported Gas City since i was 11 and I just turned 28..It would be ashame to not have the race track anymore..

Tyler

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mowerman, NEMA88, PJ Wright, rightrear, speed bump
3/28/14, 5:12 PM   #63
Mel Botkin

I Mel Botkin, leased and took over as director of operations for Gas City I-69 Speedway in January, and I would like to introduce myself and my background. I taught elementary school in Muncie, Indiana, for 36 years coaching most sports. I officiated high school basketball for 38 years, was President of the Selma Little League in Selma, Indiana, for 13 years, and have owned and operated Botkin Trophies for the past 52 years. In addition, I raced go carts for 6 years owned and operated the Winchester Moto-X track for 4 years and owned the 3M Pak-A-Sak sprint car driven by John Wolf that raced at Gas City for 8 years (winning 3 track championships). In 2002 the track was chosen as the number one 1/4 mile dirt bull ring track in the nation. Jiggs Thomoson was chosen the promoter that year. I was elected to the Delware County council in 2003 for a 4 year term. Presently, my wife, Linda, and I do missionary work in Jamaica.

3/29/14, 10:32 AM   #64
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Botkin View Post
I Mel Botkin, leased and took over as director of operations for Gas City I-69 Speedway in January, and I would like to introduce myself and my background. I taught elementary school in Muncie, Indiana, for 36 years coaching most sports. I officiated high school basketball for 38 years, was President of the Selma Little League in Selma, Indiana, for 13 years, and have owned and operated Botkin Trophies for the past 52 years. In addition, I raced go carts for 6 years owned and operated the Winchester Moto-X track for 4 years and owned the 3M Pak-A-Sak sprint car driven by John Wolf that raced at Gas City for 8 years (winning 3 track championships). In 2002 the track was chosen as the number one 1/4 mile dirt bull ring track in the nation. Jiggs Thomoson was chosen the promoter that year. I was elected to the Delware County council in 2003 for a 4 year term. Presently, my wife, Linda, and I do missionary work in Jamaica.
Mel if you treat the fans as good as you treated us when Josh first started there is going to be some very happy people going in and out of the gates.

Thank you for your dedication to the sport

Jerry #66j
stida.com /Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on facebook at Spencer Racing

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dirt330, oldfan49, PIT CART, speed bump
3/29/14, 2:16 PM   #65
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The people I talked to would never lower themselves to go there. Probably built a house down the road, and feel somehow they are the victim.
Wow, i thought everyone in the entire state of Indiana was a sprint car fan! Our fairgrounds and track here are located right in town just 2 blocks off the main street that goes through town.

2 members like this post: dirt330, mowerman
3/29/14, 5:14 PM   #66
BrentTFunk

Most of the complaints here in Kokomo come from people who live outside of town.

2 members like this post: cwfan08, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats