IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right
8/2/18, 9:38 PM   #31
Re: Kokomo has it right
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would be embarrassed to put a blanket at the ticket window. That is what I mean as far as it is out of control. Here is a different idea. How about you can buy tickets in advance, and the gate opens 15 minutes early for anyone who pre bought tickets.
I always thought that was the way at Kokomo so that's what we have done since I"ve been going there. But I"d like to try what Mr. Funk suggested with the advanced tickets I think it could work I also think that at Putnamville a lot of the motorhomes and blankets down so early were from people who skipped THAT. I also got a big kick from Spiker cooking that huge spread in a Tri State Speedway T shirt
Last edited by jim goerge; 8/2/18 at 10:03 PM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
8/2/18, 10:30 PM   #32
Jonr

I have seen so many blanket situations go bad that it is maddening. From roping off 12 seats for 8 people, to roping off enough space to put two big coolers in the middle, to the wives who spent the entire night in the pits and only used the seats for the two times that they driver was on track. To make matters worse the drivers were in a support class.

Sell the top X number of rows as reserved seats. Make extra money. Sell the tickets before hand and get money before race day, Make all of the travelers who are driving a long distance know that they will get a good seat. Leave the lower portion of seats for GA seating and people putting blankets where ever they want. It is easy. The track just has to want to do it. Devil's Bowl in Dallas has an entire section that is reserved seating, and they have been doing it that way for years and years.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/2/18, 10:58 PM   #33
Rpracing1

Haubstadts premium reserved seating sold out at the ISW Finale.

3 members like this post: Al Pierce, jim goerge, luckybuc97
8/3/18, 2:08 AM   #34
Bad Dad 54

I don't have a problem w/ people coming on race day & putting down blankets & taping them off then go to pits or what ever. But to leave them there all week is wrong, maybe promoters should look into preferred season pass w/ certain seating??

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider
8/3/18, 1:46 PM   #35
ossuks

The Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway has a very interesting procedure....You can purchase an advanced ticket for $5 more than general admission and gates open 1 hour earlier for advanced tickets....thus, they get 1st shot securing what ever seat/seats they want....then after an hour the gates open to all.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge, luckybuc97
8/3/18, 3:29 PM   #36
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
I don't have a problem w/ people coming on race day & putting down blankets & taping them off then go to pits or what ever. But to leave them there all week is wrong, maybe promoters should look into preferred season pass w/ certain seating??
no! Don't need random seats being reserved so that you don't know where you can sit and someone can come in at hotlaps and claim your seat. I don't trust tracks to properly mark random reserved seats. this idea. At least you can see a blanket and someone has staked a claim.

Do it by event, by rows. No random reserved spots. no.

8/3/18, 5:32 PM   #37
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
10 bucks for a blanket is a good deal especially if it is a big blanket. If I was a seat hog I'd spend an extra 10 dollars to reserve the row in front of me to stretch out, but I'm not that way. Maybe 30 dollars for a blanket would prevent seat hogging. BTW I don't like stadium seats and I have seen a friend throw them down through the bleachers because it is against track policy (you go girl).
Why didn"t said friend go get management to remove them since it was against track policy? Since it is against policy I wouldn"t put mine up , but if I caught friend throwing mine down she would be going down to get them either by the steps or same way she put them down!!!!

3 members like this post: bigq11, dirt330, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right