IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Car at Milwaukee Mile
2/10/12, 9:19 PM   #1
Indy Car at Milwaukee Mile
dirt330

Will return on Saturday June 16, 2012.Michael Andretti is the promotor. Will be announced this Monday at The State of Indy Car. This is also Indiana Midget Week.
Last edited by dirt330; 2/10/12 at 9:37 PM.

4 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, IndyBound, richie, ronmil
2/10/12, 9:58 PM   #2
Re: Indy Car at Milwaukee Mile
polecar

here is what the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal has. i dont know how to post a link or anything like that so this is what you get.

A Michael Andretti-backed group led by a former AirTran official will promote the return of IndyCar racing to the Milwaukee Mile this year.

Andretti Sports Management announced its entree into race promotion Friday, saying the race would be held on the Saturday of Father's Day weekend, June 16.

Kevin Healy, who was senior vice president of marketing and planning for AirTran, will serve as managing director of Milwaukee IndyFest.

The Friday-Saturday weekend is to include entertainment beyond the race itself on the grounds of State Fair Park.

“Andretti Sports Marketing is excited about promoting IndyFest at the Milwaukee Mile,” Michael Andretti, CEO of Andretti Sports Marketing, LLC, said in the announcement. “It’s a historic track in a great city, and it’s a place that has always been a favorite for my family. But, more importantly, it’s an ideal track for Indy cars and always produces exciting racing for the fans.”

Andretti won five times as a driver at the Mile and three as a team owner.

Tickets will go on sale March 1, but fans who would like more details or to be notified when the tickets are available can sign-up on the event website at www.MilwaukeeMile.com.

IndyCar retured to the Mile in 2011 after a one-year hiatus, but the event was marked by a smaller-than-expected crowd.

Randy Bernard, CEO of the sanctioning body, had said last summer that IndyCar would not return in 2012, but began talking with State Fair Park in December about reversing that decision.

The actual rental contract for the event had not been signed as of Friday afternoon.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
2/11/12, 12:58 AM   #3
polecar

just heard on my local t.v. station that the Indy Car race will be at 11:30 a.m. c.s.t. Saturday June 16th. the Indy Light will race on Friday night June 15th. I may have to go to the Indy Lights race on Friday. I always liked Friday night races.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, jdull99
2/11/12, 11:42 AM   #4
treecitytornado

Thanks Michael! We need more oval races for sure!

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/12, 8:49 PM   #5
badgerfan

Lets all do what we can to let them know there are plenty of fans for this!

1 member likes this post: dirt330
2/11/12, 8:59 PM   #6
dirt330

How about a one bus trip from Indy with IOW members ?

2/11/12, 9:12 PM   #7
Tim Watson

As much as i would like to make only an hour ride to see this race my heart is in Indiana that weekend for Midget Week. Since i am a midget, i must attend.

1 member likes this post: racefan20
2/12/12, 2:09 AM   #8
ClaytonYeley

Adding an oval to this series is great news. I really like Indycar racing on ovals. However, I think Jimmy Kite wins the statements of the day with this: "FIVE ovals?!?!? Wow....soooo glad I chose that OVAL Indycar series instead of the other offer I had back when I was 22. lol. Sure worked out well. I love Indycars...but back when I was 21....I sure signed up for something else I was promised...."

2/12/12, 8:46 AM   #9
miledirt

So does Clauson have a ride in IndyCar beyond Indy or is that it?

2/12/12, 4:01 PM   #10
indybail

All right! I love that track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Car at Milwaukee Mile