IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look Who's Up Front Threatening To Win @ Daytona
2/25/13, 2:31 PM   #41
Re: Look Who's Up Front Threatening To Win @ Dayto
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

The racing was fine, ***** to much and all the networks can pull all their racing and put on more bowling or golf. Lots of lead changes and a pack at the end to decide it. My biggest fear is now, like the Allison wreck a few years ago, when do the auto racing "haters" begin their "ban auto racing" chatter again? It will come up, so prepare for that idiocy again. bob

3 members like this post: fish, FishBurger, Jerry Spencer
2/25/13, 3:03 PM   #42
Danny Burton

The race wasn't nearly as bad as the commentary. I'm ready to give DW and his brother wedgies next time I see them. I'm very much over DW's constant bleating about how these are the best drivers in the world. Certainly a decent percentage of them should be listed among the world's best, but all 43? Sorry, Darrell. No can buy. And I hope Mrs. Waltrip forgives him for his crush on Ms. DP.

Ol' DW was one of the best---ever. First saw him make the trip to Salem in the early 70s and simply spank a strong ASA field. No matter what else, the young man could race.

I realize that the announcers often are told what to say or emphasize. And that they also cash big checks from the network. But that only explains what they say; it is not an excuse.

Rant over.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2/25/13, 3:17 PM   #43
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

For those of you closet NASCAR fans, MRN does stream all of the races. I find the "radio" does a better job of creating some excitement, and they are non stop on going through the whole field not just a select few racers.

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/MR...-Calendar.aspx

I would much rather mute the tv and listen to their audio, until the outdoor season starts up!

4 members like this post: Gregg, luckybuc97, PIT CART, speed bump
2/25/13, 3:21 PM   #44
speed bump

Just like Sid Collins doing The Indy 500 ...I think it was much more exciting to listen to him describe the race than it is to watch it on T.V.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer
2/25/13, 4:04 PM   #45
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Sure does make you miss Ned and Benny in the booth!

2/26/13, 5:38 PM   #46
jim goerge

Saw first and last 5 laps but what a great nap

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
3/1/13, 1:33 AM   #47
Flatrightrear

I agree with Mr. Burton. Darrell used to run the fabulous ASA "Midwest 300" and kick butt against all the ASA greats like Trickle, Senneker( the Blue Bird), Mike Eddy, Mark Martin,Wallace, etc. They ran two hundred lap qualifying races with, I believe, the cars that qualified on even numbers running the first 100 lapper and those in the odd numbers ran the second 100 lapper with the top 10 from each race running the last 100 lapper. I used to love that race and the atmosphere in the infield. They ran it in early Oct. so the weather was usually perfect.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look Who's Up Front Threatening To Win @ Daytona