IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
12/8/22, 6:20 PM   #21
EldoraMark

So Volusia is a non point paying race but Bubba is a point paying race. That's odd

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/8/22, 6:36 PM   #22
Re: USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
So Volusia is a non point paying race but Bubba is a point paying race. That's odd
My guess is, they are running with another class and not qualifying that race.

12/8/22, 8:03 PM   #23
The bubs

What happened to Selinsgrove ? I am disappointed. I don’t know what to think about the Action Track.

3 members like this post: captrat, erich45, tirespinner
12/8/22, 8:31 PM   #24
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bubs View Post
What happened to Selinsgrove ? I am disappointed. I don’t know what to think about the Action Track.
There is a new promotional team there. Action Track will be interesting at best.

12/8/22, 8:36 PM   #25
yeleyfan76

Looks like a lot of miles on Americas favorite toll road for me. The Pennsylvania turnpike! Won’t be able to get to any of them in reasonable time without using it. Even a bridge toll too. People talk about diesel prices, I wonder if they are higher than the tolls??? Eastern storm is my favorite time of my racing year here in the east.

12/8/22, 8:48 PM   #26
Huskermudd1

East coast sprints have ran there the last couple of years

12/8/22, 9:15 PM   #27
Rapid Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Well, the three TBA dates in the schedule all kind of line up with the Terre Haute dates in the 2022 schedule. We’ll see if they can get anyone to promote THAT or not. At least they have place holders for it.
Yes, except that last year USAC moved the Hulman Classic from its traditional Wednesday before the 500 date. Happy to see that the date USAC is holding is where it should be. This should make any potential promoter very happy.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
12/9/22, 12:40 AM   #28
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Rick View Post
Yes, except that last year USAC moved the Hulman Classic from its traditional Wednesday before the 500 date. Happy to see that the date USAC is holding is where it should be. This should make any potential promoter very happy.
All of the dates at Terre Haute are what Track Enterprises used to run. Hopefully that’s a sign!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Rapid Rick
12/9/22, 12:47 AM   #29
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Looks like a lot of miles on Americas favorite toll road for me. The Pennsylvania turnpike! Won’t be able to get to any of them in reasonable time without using it. Even a bridge toll too. People talk about diesel prices, I wonder if they are higher than the tolls??? Eastern storm is my favorite time of my racing year here in the east.
Really? I don't know where you're starting, but looking at that list of tracks, once you get to Central Pa., Harrisburg area, you don't need the Turnpike at all to go track to track...

12/9/22, 8:15 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Really? I don't know where you're starting, but looking at that list of tracks, once you get to Central Pa., Harrisburg area, you don't need the Turnpike at all to go track to track...
I tried turnpike dodging on one of my coaster trips which included williams grove park. You end up with a overheating transmission and bald brakes. Some of those roads are wicked. They even curve around barns.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule