IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!
7/18/15, 7:18 PM   #11
Slidejob

If it for some reason slicks off, Darland has a chance. But if it's heavy, against the wall, and lap traffic, darland won't run well.

7/18/15, 8:31 PM   #12
Jerry Shaw

Bacon was 8th quick and Ballou was 10th. Neither will receive points for qualifying. The margin is still 3 points. How about the 2nd fast run by Josh Hodges!

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/18/15 at 8:42 PM.

4 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, rachasin
7/18/15, 9:40 PM   #13
Jerry Shaw

Ballou finished 2nd in his heat, Bacon finished 3rd in his. Going into the feature Bacon's lead is now 2 points. As long as they're both on the top ten, whoever finishes ahead of the other wins Sprint Week.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/18/15 at 10:15 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/19/15, 12:45 AM   #14
Re: It All Comes Down To This!
jim goerge

Since we said something bout Cummins How about his run 16th to 7th It wasn;t Kyle it was sitting in the penalty box (3r)

3 members like this post: bmemmer, Jerry Shaw, SisterToThe3c
7/19/15, 12:50 AM   #15
jim goerge

Jerry You may be right. But I was thinking it was when Haubstadt ran weekly on Sunday night and it was unsanctioned race and it was in the Walker red car. Hell I don't know I have slept since then lol

7/19/15, 2:53 AM   #16
Jerry Shaw

This was a very impressive win for Brady Short. Not only for the drivers he beat to win tonight's race, but for the way he won this one. Coming out of the heat races, everybody just knew that Brady was going to be a major factor, come feature time. Not only was he fast in the way that he marched through that heat's lineup. He also checked out and was able to make the 11P car go where he wanted it to go and do what he wanted it to do. Then when CJ Leary didn't transfer out of his heat, that put the 7th fastest qualifier on the pole. Short was the 7th fastest qualifier. Many people thought that Short, looking the way that he had earlier, might just take off and dominate the race. That's not the way it happened, though. When the green was waved, I don't know whether there was contact or Brady just got out of sorts, but he was immediately shuffled back to 4th or 5th. Chris Windom took off and opened up a lead. After a few laps, it was obvious he was being tracked down by KT Jr. Short regrouped and immediately went on the hunt for positions. A little further back, Robert Ballou had gotten around Brady Bacon and another car and started to pull away in the battle for the Indiana Sprint Week title. Even further back. Kyle Cummins was starting to tear a path through the field. But would he have time? About half way through, Thomas made a move on Windom for the lead and we had a new leader. A few laps after that Short approached Chris in traffic and made an aggressive move to claim second. He was visibly catching KT. A few laps later, in traffic, Brady dove under Thomas for the lead. About that time, Robert Ballou finally won a tough battle with C.J. Leary and started getting pressure from the hard charging Cummins. After he survived that, he went to work on chasing down Josh Hodges, who showed tonight that he's a great young talent. He wrestled 5th away from Josh and then went after 4th place runner Chase Stockon. And while this was going on, KT Jr was cutting into Brady's lead as they went in and out of traffic. With a few laps left, Ballou took 4th away from Stockon and Short cleared the slower traffic and closed the show. But it took a great run, because Thomas never gave up and put in a great effort.

Brady had won the battle, but Robert had won the war. Although in the post race interview Robert seemed pretty upset with himself for not winning the battle also.

It was another great night at Tri-State Speedway. From beginning to end the track was really good and racy. Which is especially a good accomplishment for the track to hold up on a sunny day, that was nearly 100 degrees.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/19/15 at 11:56 AM.

7/19/15, 3:59 PM   #17
Hubie

Congrats to Robert Ballou

It was a weird week and the schedule was really ravaged by the weather. I can't remember the last time someone took the title without a feature win. Regardless, Ballou and his team did a great job by finishing near the front for the entire series of races. Had the weather held, things might have been different (and Robert very well could have won as well)

I think the "Danner's Sprint Car Series", which was the pre runner to the Sprint Weeks extravaganza, was copped once by a driver with no feature victories. This is a good trivia question IMO!

and I'm pretty sure Dave Darland can wheel a sprint car on any track. .............. on seven cylinders for that matter!

3 members like this post: cope42, jim goerge, mc/rider
7/19/15, 4:42 PM   #18
RGraves

I am sure many will disagree with me but I feel like Haubstadt has lost some of its luster. The racing is still decent but the track is so gritty, dusty, and slow as compared to what it use to be. You can't sit in the pit stands anymore and enjoy the race without getting blanketed with grit from the track. It comes in droves.

2 members like this post: dustbowl, mowerman
7/19/15, 7:58 PM   #19
Jerry Shaw

I don't know whether you're sensitive to dust getting on you or not, that's your deal. I went to all all seven programs and saw all five features. Haubstadt was, by quite a bit, the best feature of the five that happened. Remember, it was more than 95 degrees, for most of the day. There were two passes for the lead in this race, in the last half of the race. And more late race passing in this one, than any other race in the series. Tom has one of the best tracks in the country and last night was another example of why it is.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/20/15 at 7:41 PM.

6 members like this post: Flatrightrear, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, rclaridge, skids59, wildman92
7/19/15, 8:21 PM   #20
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Pretty sure I came home with dirt on me from every track. Or mud in the case of Kokomo and Bloomington. And I'm ready to do it all over again! 👍🏻

2 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!