IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown - Midgets
9/23/22, 6:56 PM   #1
4 Crown - Midgets
Terry Porter

Watching on Flo and they just announced 17 midgets tonight. I'm guessing KKM will comprise over a third of the field.

I know of the past number of years the midget count has been going down, but didn't think they'd lose 7 cars from last night. But ah well, it'll still be good to watch.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, tirespinner
9/24/22, 6:53 AM   #2
Re: 4 Crown - Midgets
Hubie48

Windom was off the couch almost onto the podium.Thrilling just the same. I was kind of surprised by the small entry as well but realize Eldora kills equipment. The cars that were there were all top flight. I thought maybe the guys running the Honda's would show but there's is not a real high dollar operation. Doubt they have the resources to kill engines.

You saw the check Mitchell Moles was holding, right? 5K? I'm sure Cannon's car sustained at least that much in damage!
Last edited by Hubie48; 9/24/22 at 6:55 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/22, 8:19 AM   #3
Terry Porter

Trust me, I get it. It was an entertaining race to watch, just thought that maybe a couple of more guys might run. Surprised Bacon didn't have a midget, nor Sunshine.

Changing subjects, I do think this type of weekend would be good for both Flo and DV to allow the viewers to watch the entire show as maybe it could entice some to get subscriptions to both. Since they're both there it would have zero expense to do.

9/24/22, 11:19 AM   #4
jdull99

Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
9/25/22, 10:10 AM   #5
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Windom was off the couch almost onto the podium.Thrilling just the same. I was kind of surprised by the small entry as well but realize Eldora kills equipment. The cars that were there were all top flight. I thought maybe the guys running the Honda's would show but there's is not a real high dollar operation. Doubt they have the resources to kill engines.

You saw the check Mitchell Moles was holding, right? 5K? I'm sure Cannon's car sustained at least that much in damage!
Cannon was in his back up midget Saturday and started last which was 16th. His mechanic indicated his primary car was destroyed Friday night. There were only 16 midgets starting the Saturday feature race. Cannon raced from last to 7th in the feature where only 13 cars finished. I don't know why they even ran heat races, it didn't change their starting position which was determined by finish the previous night. Correction, it did move Leary from 9th to 7th for winning the heat race.
Last edited by Adolph; 9/25/22 at 10:13 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/25/22, 10:31 AM   #6
chrismattlin

They ran heats for the midgets because it was a national, points-paying event and those heats pay points too.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown - Midgets