IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status
7/3/11, 6:38 PM   #111
Re: Action track status
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
After today, until I hear things are better, I probably won't go to THAT for a while. The O'Conners had it looking good at the race I got to last year. I needed a reason to get to TSS and the Burg again. Perhaps once I get my tent that I have in layaway, I will head to the burg one Saturday.

Now they have two races to re schedule.
What happen to your push truck?? Do you also have 6x6 on lay-a-way....HEHEHEHE...

1 member likes this post:
7/3/11, 6:41 PM   #112
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
What happen to your push truck?? Do you also have 6x6 on lay-a-way....HEHEHEHE...
Decided to pay the Jeep off before I did anything to it like that. Trust me, I still want to do pushing, but not until I can pay it off (that way I could buy a back up DD and have something to drive just in case I break something off roading or pushing).

7/3/11, 6:41 PM   #113
sp6967

can't wait until eldora.

7/3/11, 6:42 PM   #114
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
can't wait until eldora.
I was seriously thinking about Eldora today. If it is anything like THAT was, I probably don't want to go there.

7/3/11, 6:49 PM   #115
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
I was told they are now canceled!

Tickets are good for Sprint Week Race!

Danny 24
hell if you have a ticket USAC should pay you to come to Sprint Week

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
7/3/11, 6:52 PM   #116
Jerry Shaw

Here's the reason that a real great opportunity was blown, today. Because of the rain last night, they were forced to pit behind the open grandstand and the first row of the gravel parking lot that motor homes usually park. The race fans were walking about that area for hours today and the interactions they were having with the drivers and teams were just a sight to see. Especially the kids. Seeing the race cars up close and putting a face to the driver driving those cars just adds something to the whole experience for them. I know that's what set the hook in me, when I was that age, at this track. If USAC wants to have an event that will go a long way towards making making up for what happened today, let them pit like they did today, where the fans can be a part of it and then actually give them a race to see at the end of the day and they'll have a chance to really hit one out of the park. Today was a potential great day at the Terre Haute Action Track, that just totally blew up at the end.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/3/11, 6:58 PM   #117
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Here's the reason that a real great opportunity was blown, today. Because of the rain last night, they were forced to pit behind the open grandstand and the first row of the gravel parking lot that motor homes usually park. The race fans were walking about that area for hours today and the interactions they were having with the drivers and teams were just a sight to see. Especially the kids. Seeing the race cars up close and putting a face to the driver driving those cars just adds something to the whole experience for them. I know that's what set the hook in me, when I was that age, at this track. If USAC wants to have an event that will go a long way towards making making up for what happened today, let them pit like they did today, where the fans can be a part of it and then actually give them a race to see at the end of the day and they'll have a chance to really hit one out of the park. Today was a potential great day at the Terre Haute Action Track, that just totally blew up at the end.

Jerry
I agree Jerry, I loved that they were pitting in that area. Especially since they didn't enforce a pit pass thing (be sorta hard).

7/3/11, 7:08 PM   #118
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekohl23 View Post
I vote Tommy Helfrich
Posted using Mobile Device
Why would Tom help there? They wouldn:t give him a MSCS race

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I was seriously thinking about Eldora today. If it is anything like THAT was, I probably don't want to go there.
Eldora is a dust bowl too so save your gas

7/3/11, 7:21 PM   #119
baltimore

Port Royal

7/3/11, 7:25 PM   #120
bloard

Stay tuned for video. I got a call from Racing SuperFan Ross Wece who posts videos here. He is on his way back to Carbondale with video that he says will be posted later tonight. Should be interesting.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Action track status