IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield in action on SUNDAY Sept. 29th!
9/24/13, 8:37 AM   #31
WRP DK

Only a few more days away. Our staff is pumped up for a great show. We have received several rumblings of some out of state drivers coming in. We wish you the best if luck and safe travels. This will be a nice double header weekend in conjunction with the show going on at the Burg. See you all at WRP Sunday.

1 member likes this post: larsonfan
9/25/13, 11:54 AM   #32
Re: Waynesfield in action on SUNDAY Sept. 29th!
WRP DK

All systems are a go and everything is in place for the inaugural Harvest Of Sprints.

We will have something new at WRP for this race and that's slow charcoal cooked wings along with burgers. Along with the exciting racing action in store and some USAC guys making the trip over to WRP we are stoked about this event and we are Ready To Get It On!!!

Come join us.

3 members like this post: JazzTrombonist, MWestfallfan54, racing2bwithu2
9/25/13, 6:41 PM   #33
Sprintcarfanatic

Been watching & will watch the weather the next couple of days & they haven't said anything other than pm, Hope ya don't have to have the grounds crew ready to tarp the place. I'm looking forward to it. Motor on Waynesfield.

9/25/13, 9:45 PM   #34
Will Shunk

Just read that scattered showers could move in Sunday morning and out by mid afternoon. Why is it this 2013 season, the only rain we have shows up on race days in Indiana and Ohio. Its been a tough year for rainouts. Sure hope this race @ WRP gets in on Sunday!

9/26/13, 8:14 AM   #35
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Just read that scattered showers could move in Sunday morning and out by mid afternoon. Why is it this 2013 season, the only rain we have shows up on race days in Indiana and Ohio. Its been a tough year for rainouts. Sure hope this race @ WRP gets in on Sunday!
I hope we get this race in too. The staff at Waynesfield works very hard to put on a good show. I have enjoyed myself everytime I've come up this season.

9/26/13, 10:47 AM   #36
Will Shunk

Skinny Kenny Poling's home was engulfed in flames Wednesday. No injuries but a lot of property loss.

http://www.limaohio.com/news/local_n...a4bcf6878.html

Does anyone at Waynesfield Raceway Park know of a place to contribute money and support to Kenny and Joanne?

Thanks,
Will Shunk

9/26/13, 12:22 PM   #37
WRP DK

yes I posted some info on our Facebook page. you can email me at kellyracing31@yahoo.com and I will give you more specifics. If you haven't already please go like our Facebook page just search for Waynesfield Raceway Park. I am heading up a racing shirt deal where I would like drivers and fans to donate some race shirts to their family since they all love racing so much. Sizes are all adult: Medium, Large and XL. They have three children. Thanks in advance for your help.

9/26/13, 4:26 PM   #38
johnnythunderhead
Banned

hey I saw elvis at the kewpee burger back n the 80's after a race at Eldora, he was working there sweeping floors, while eating a burger with a big smile on his face/ those are some mighty fine burgers, wonder if elvis is still workin there?

9/26/13, 8:48 PM   #39
WRP DK

Wow the drivers list that I'm hearing about is pretty awesome. Please don't miss this show. If you have never been to WRP then give us a shot..... This would be the best opportunity to do so.

2 members like this post: backstretchdave, racing2bwithu2
9/27/13, 12:37 PM   #40
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP DK View Post
Wow the drivers list that I'm hearing about is pretty awesome. Please don't miss this show. If you have never been to WRP then give us a shot..... This would be the best opportunity to do so.
Just read that Kevin Thomas Jr. is planning on racing WRP Sunday. Hope the rain either goes through in the morning or holds off until late Sunday night!

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield in action on SUNDAY Sept. 29th!