IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
10/4/09, 1:36 AM   #1
cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
5JMOFFATTFAN!

well from what i have been told one of my good buddy's talked to one of the crewmen on a certain certain sprint car team and said they were getting cheated by the mscs format??? well I highly doubt they just said we are going to screw you tonight LOL i never was a fan of levi but clauson i did seem to like he is one heck of a wheel man. but after tonight i have lost all respect for the both of them.. if you were at the burg tonight you either know or should know jones and clauson both drew the last row in the heat race (so I have been told) so they loaded up..... hmmmmm........ well thank god for drivers who come to put on a show for the fans whether they start on the pole or the tail...thank you at all of those you didnt wine and cry and still ran there cars as hard as they could thank you all for a great racing season.... with that being said dont ever worry about me buying a jones or clauson t shirt........... hope all you race fans see what your favorite drivers did tonight they do not care about the fans..................................now go ahead and bash im sure theres some real fans that will side with me!!!!!!

3 members like this post: Damion Fan In Pa., i love dirt track racing
10/4/09, 7:47 AM   #2
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
CTR39

well all i got to say is sorry to all the fans of BC that he did not run but until people relize what it costs to run these cars and we are doing it out of our own pocket you will understand our decision not race.

2 members like this post: CTtoPA, Motormasher
10/4/09, 7:48 AM   #3
Racin' girl

No bashing here...if you are really as good as these two guys are supposed to be...you should be able to race your way to the front!!

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR39 View Post
well all i got to say is sorry to all the fans of BC that he did not run but until people relize what it costs to run these cars and we are doing it out of our own pocket you will understand our decision not race.
I fully understand what it costs to run these cars, and I think that excuse is complete BS...the "average joe" racer is happy he had enough just to bring his car to the track again, no matter where he starts...one blown motor or accident and his season is over...he'll start anywhere in the line-up and just be glad that he was able to race. I was a fan of both of these guys to, and I can say I'm not anymore...that is one of the most disrespectful things you can do to your fans...It would be nice to know how many fans were there to see these guys race, and are now out the money they spent to get in...the Burg is not a cheap place to take the family.

5 members like this post: 767, cope42, dberrio, interpreter66
10/4/09, 8:36 AM   #4
Mark Sr

well we just got out of sprint car's because of cost so I do know what it cost to run one.. I have knowen the Clauson's for sometime. thing's are not alway's what they seem to be. untill you hear it from the horse's mouth, I would take it with a grane of salt. and I would never or have I ever went to a race to see just 1 or 2 racer's.. you should go to watch all of them.. you guy's talked about the "average joe" and how there happy just to be there.. well how do you think they feel when no one show's up to watch them? or they read stuff like this on here? cause the big name's are not there that night? or what would happen if no one showed up because there was no big name drive's there?? where do you think the big name driver's got there start?? I have seen some Damn good race's that didn't have one big name in it.. I say let's go to the race's for the fun, and to suport the "average joe" not because a big name is there... Just my 2 cent's....
Last edited by Mark Sr; 10/4/09 at 8:37 AM.

3 members like this post: Brewer 14, RATHER B RACING, STP
10/4/09, 8:41 AM   #5
RandyB

Times are tough.......
Last edited by RandyB; 10/4/09 at 9:37 AM.

10/4/09, 8:54 AM   #6
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN! View Post
well from what i have been told one of my good buddy's talked to one of the crewmen on a certain certain sprint car team and said they were getting cheated by the mscs format??? well I highly doubt they just said we are going to screw you tonight LOL i never was a fan of levi but clauson i did seem to like he is one heck of a wheel man. but after tonight i have lost all respect for the both of them.. if you were at the burg tonight you either know or should know jones and clauson both drew the last row in the heat race (so I have been told) so they loaded up..... hmmmmm........ well thank god for drivers who come to put on a show for the fans whether they start on the pole or the tail...thank you at all of those you didnt wine and cry and still ran there cars as hard as they could thank you all for a great racing season.... with that being said dont ever worry about me buying a jones or clauson t shirt........... hope all you race fans see what your favorite drivers did tonight they do not care about the fans..................................now go ahead and bash im sure theres some real fans that will side with me!!!!!!
>>>
Last edited by OnTheHammer; 10/4/09 at 9:41 AM.

10/4/09, 8:59 AM   #7
Tim Clauson

First and foremost I want to apologize to Dave Rudisell, Lawrenceburg Speedway, MSCS, and ESPECIALLY THE FANS for “MY” decision to load up last night.
I want to make clear that neither,myself, Bryan, or any member of our team felt cheated in anyway by MSCS and their format. We knew when we pulled in the pits what the format was and after drawing as we did and looking at the risk vs reward in running I made a business decision not to run. It was my decision and my decision only.
Sadly as we fight to stay viable to stay in this form of motorsports the business side of the sport will overrule the emotional side of the sport in more and more instances. This is the first time in my 25+ years in the sport where I let a business decision overrule my heart. Believe me it killed me to do what I did last night.

Sincerely,
Tim Clauson

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Is this the race that the Clausen team was soliciting 'sponsors' for their tire bill?
We did not solicit anyone to buy tires for this or any other race.

Thanks

Tim Clauson

10/4/09, 9:23 AM   #8
microsprint15

I fully respect both team's decisions not to race. Most fans have no concept of the amount of money it takes to operate a competitive sprint car team. I am a fan, driver, and car owner (micro-sprint) and I have been in similar situations myself. Would any of you fans just run down the road and drop $100 dollar bills out the window for no reason? Along with the basic expense, there is also the chance of tearing up several more thousands of dollars in equipment at an unrealistic shot at even breaking even for the night. If you want to see some of these race teams fold, and not race anymore at all, this would be the way to do it.

Obviuosly the draw is probably not the best way to run a race, especially without passing points. I have been to Lawrenceburg numerous times, and generally passing is at a premium. Sometimes it best to really weigh your options and decide if the risk is worth the reward. In this case it probably wasn't a gamble worth taking.

I am a Bryan Clauson and a Levi Jones fan and I will give them props for having the courage to stand behind what they believe. I will pick up an extra T-Shirt the next time at the track to make up for the one that you will not buy. This is one thing I can do as a fan to help keep these race teams going.

-Ryan Leek

1 member likes this post: mtek56
10/4/09, 9:32 AM   #9
Shawn

First, I believe the tire bill reference was to Daron Clayton, not Bryan Clauson. With that being said, I don't have a problem with what Clayton did, since all he was trying to do is race. What's different from asking for a sponsor on here, as opposed to something else?

Second, all I'm going to say about the choice of Clauson and Jones is this. Everyone that shows up knows that there is a chance that they might have to be on the tail. Also, someone has to start on the tail, that's part of it. We can't have one car heats.

It's the their choice, whether we like it or not. I'm still a huge BC fan, no matter what their choice was...
Last edited by Shawn; 10/4/09 at 9:34 AM.

10/4/09, 9:55 AM   #10
Racin' girl

I do support the average joe...that is why this is so upsetting to me...my Friday and Saturday nights are spent at Bloomington, Putnamville, Paragon...you get the picture, I root for the underdog...One of my favorite memories of this year was watching Kenny Niflis take the Sheldon Kinser Memorial...that was a true underdog story!!! I have several friends that are considered the average, low budget sprint and mod racers, and I will ALWAYS root for them...but I did attend a couple of bigger races this year, and I did root for Clauson and Jones at both events...they aren't the reason I went, but just knowing that these guys put on a good show when and where they run is what brings a lot of race fans to the higher priced shows. The economy has put a stronghold on everyone, fans included...as a single mom who has boys that like to watch friends and family race, we have had to make adjustments to our normal track routine this year...packing food and drinks instead of supporting the track by buying theirs, watching the web sites to see what the charge of tickets are for certain events...kids are free some tracks, some tracks they aren't...no t-shirts or extras...once again, taking away from the local track's pocket. I get that the decision for the two drivers in question not to race was a "business" decision, but where would we all be if they all made these types of decisions?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!