IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks Lynn Reid and Tracy Hines
9/8/08, 11:23 PM   #1
Thanks Lynn Reid and Tracy Hines
B-square

I just wanted to thank both Lynn Reid and Tracy Hines for inviting myself and my seven-year old son to Lynn's shop Sunday afternoon while they were preparing Lynn's car for the races that night at the Kokomo Speedway. My boy has been a big fan of most of the local sprint car drivers, but since Tracy and Lynn took the time to talk with him and let him help (sort of anyway) check air pressures, etc. he has been on Cloud Nine. He's still rambling about it today and said he told all his friends at school about his big afternoon.

I can't thank both of those guys enough for taking the time to make him feel special like they did. Even though they were obviously very busy, they took the time to talk with him and now both of them have a new fan for life.

Thanks again,

Brett

9/9/08, 10:05 AM   #2
Re: Thanks Lynn Reid and Tracy Hines
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Thank you for sharing this. I know these guys don't do things like this for recognition, they just love to pass on the love of racing. It's still nice to hear these stories. :thumb

9/9/08, 11:00 AM   #3
Onlydirt

Lynn spoils my boy every time we go in his shop. Loads him up with pizza and stickers. Super nice guy to talk to.

9/9/08, 6:23 PM   #4
wbr

Glad to hear it. Open Wheel Racing needs more guys like them. I wish I had bought our 4wheeler from Lynn and we have been fans of Tracy and Ted for many years.
Can you imagine what it would be like if the Indy car teams did things like that? I remember a special trip to Indy 36 years ago with my Grandpa and his friend and getting a tour from a guy named Sonny Meyer. Well- I have been hooked ever since!

9/9/08, 6:44 PM   #5
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post
Can you imagine what it would be like if the Indy car teams !
Back in 1967 or 68 a friend and I went to Indy for a Tire test day and an Indy car chief mechanic took us around the garage area and introduced us to different well known people. What a great day that was.

By the way that chief mechanic was Lynn Reid.:respect:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks Lynn Reid and Tracy Hines