IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lps updates
8/25/10, 10:02 PM   #41
Re: lps updates
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoedirt View Post
I have a question. How can you crash on the last lap or get "DQ'd" and still finish ahead of cars that are still running? The last place car was only lapped by the leader yet he was scored behind the two cars that crashed on the last lap and there was another car that pulled off while under the yellow. He was also scored behind the 12 car that according to the announcer was black flagged for passing the pace truck.
I was not at LPS so I don't know the specifics of this situation but...

1- Once the leader laps you you are lapped. It does not matter if the 2nd place car laps you or not. You are 1 lap down.

2- If the feature is 25 laps the winner is the driver who completes 25 laps first, 2nd place is the driver that completes 25 laps second, etc. Once you run out of drivers that have completed 25 laps the next position goes to the first driver that completed 24 laps, and so on.

It does not matter if you are on the track longer than another driver ~ scoring is done by number of laps scored and sequence of completion.

If a driver was lapped 1 time by the leader when the checkered flag waived that driver completed 24 laps. If a car that was on the lead lap dropped out after crossing the start/finish line as the white flag waives he would have completed 24 laps at the white flag (lap 24) and would finish ahead of the lapped car that did not finish 24 laps until the checkers (lap 25).
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 8/25/10 at 10:10 PM.

3 members like this post: Dblchkrs, Haulerin2deep, Mud Packer
8/25/10, 10:33 PM   #42
lovindirt

But if you crash 500 feet before completing lap 24 and your black flagged and supposed to go to the tail then were all still lost. Sorry it makes a little sense in what were still saying I think.

8/25/10, 10:50 PM   #43
Sandy Lowe

As I said in my earlier post I do not know the specifics of this race (since I was at Lawrenceburg). I was just trying to explain how a car that did not finish the race could be scored ahead of a car that was on the track when the checkered flag waived.

8/25/10, 11:23 PM   #44
D.O.

Sandy I'm betting the car in question is JT Stapp.
JT went a lap down a lap before the 2 car crash which happen coming to the white flag in turn 3
Jackson & Stockon crash coming to the white and had completed 23laps.
Jake Scott was lapped on the lap of the crash and got his lap back.

Cramer completed 24 laps before the lapped wee3. He was black flagged for passing the pace car after restarting after the red on lap 24.
I left out that Jesse was sent to the pits after stopping on the track not the tail of the field. But he still completed 24 laps first.

So the wee 3 should of been scored in front the 2 red flag cars. The pay is the same for those spots only Jackson has been there enough to worried about points.
I'm not the LPS scorer, but my family was USAC scorers for a long time [60-90] so I understand how things go.

Pos Driver Car #
1 Shane Hollingsworth 34
2 Ethan Barrow 15
3 Korey Weyant 7X
4 Justin Marvel 47
5 Todd Kimmell 33
6 Jon Sciscoe 7
7 Jonathan Vennard 9T
8 Chris Babcock 35
9 Shawn Krockenberger 21K
10 Jake Scott 1 Was lapped after Stapp but got lap back as red came out
11 Jesse Cramer 12T Black Flagged after restarting after red
12 Dakota Jackson 3J Crashed red flag
13 Chase Stockon 32 Crashed red flag
14 J.T. Stapp WEE3 Still running 1 lap down
15 Wes McIntyre 83 Flipped
16 Ty Deckard 48 Ran into wall and stopped
17 Seth Parker 38P Flipped
18 Justin Grant 5G Pulled off
19 Kenny Carmichael JR 92C pulled off
20 Lance Grimes 14G pulled off
21 Danny Holtsclaw 3 broke after hitting McIntyre

So hopefully that will all make some sense.

Last edited by D.O.; 8/26/10 at 9:54 AM.

8/26/10, 12:18 AM   #45
lovindirt

Yes D O your right but lets say they get another caution those cars are off the track after lap 24 and its actually overtime, they crash or blackflag they still didn't take checker not one of them. so if no checker; your next car out,most would think. Atleast the people in the stands say hey only 5 finish that 5th car got 5th. You know whatever. People say hey they took checker; they didn't whats up with that.

8/26/10, 11:10 AM   #46
bigjoedirt

I'm probably not ubderstanding this whole lapping rule so bear with me. If I understand correctly that what your saying about if the lead car laps you then you are lapped, then my question is this, why aren't lapped cars put to the tail instead of being placed between cars in the line up and don't you revert back to the previous lap and I would imagine since as I was told by the guy's in pits that it pays $200 from 11th on back all a guy has to look forward to is the finishing order, just my opinion? I'm asking these things so I can understand this. As for the car that was sent to the pits. I was told by several in the pit stands that if your "DQ'd" in a race you loose all laps that have been scored prior to the incident along with any points and money. All I'm doing is asking and all I know is what people sitting around me told me so I could be way off here. WOW..Is it always this complicated....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lps updates