IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals
12/7/17, 11:39 AM   #1
No Belleville Midget Nationals
teamfds

I just found out the 40th running of the Belleville Midget Nationals was very possibly the last one. USAC isn't sanctioning it in 2018 and the fair grounds will not be holding the event. I am thankful I was able to scratch it off my bucket list the past two years.

2 members like this post: Kydehart, mc/rider
12/7/17, 12:22 PM   #2
grader47

USAC didn’t even discuss this with the track the track found out from second hand information as of October everything was still in place for 2018 according to Levi

12/7/17, 5:13 PM   #3
TKRacing

Sad to see with all the hard work the fans and track put in the last couple of years. Another big event gone just like the Hut

12/7/17, 6:37 PM   #4
Re: No Belleville Midget Nationals
ISF

I first attended the Belleville Midget Nationals in 2013 and 2017 was by far the best crowd I'd seen at The Highbanks. If the Nationals go completely by the wayside it will be very sad day.

12/7/17, 6:46 PM   #5
BrandX

Let's have POWRI put one on at little Belleville LOL

5 members like this post: Daddyo, Rimrida35, Simon_says17, stealth43k, Task Force
12/7/17, 7:54 PM   #6
Nate

So USAC doesn’t sanction it. Why not have it anyways?

If the money is right, sponsors are on board, etc. You can still put on a show without USAC’s blessing no matter what the track.

BOSS routinely draws more cars than the USAC Sprints, been to plenty of shows where POWRi draws more cars than USAC.

Granted, I don’t know what the track’s situation is as far as finances and so on but it would seem possible

4 members like this post: jjsprt92, motorhead748, oppweld, PIT CART
12/7/17, 8:16 PM   #7
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Without USAC or POWRi, they will draw about 9 cars. If that.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dickster
12/7/17, 8:36 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
So USAC doesn’t sanction it. Why not have it anyways?

If the money is right, sponsors are on board, etc. You can still put on a show without USAC’s blessing no matter what the track.

BOSS routinely draws more cars than the USAC Sprints, been to plenty of shows where POWRi draws more cars than USAC.

Granted, I don’t know what the track’s situation is as far as finances and so on but it would seem possible
They tried that before they got USAC. It did not work. I don't know if you read the Bellevile recap article a while back in SprintCar and Midget, but I had a feeling after reading it this would happen. Wish I could have made it there with the old SWIMS series.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
12/7/17, 10:28 PM   #9
IndianaSprintFan

Why don't you do everyone a favor and think before you post next time

12/7/17, 10:56 PM   #10
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I did. I'm disappointed there might not be a Belleville Midget Nationals and think it sucks how USAC didn't communicate with them. What's your point?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Belleville Midget Nationals