IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Directions to LPS
9/5/09, 2:36 AM   #1
Directions to LPS
JasonWatt

I looked on the website and could not find any directions. I will be traveling north on HWY41 until I reach Terre Haute. Can someone please give me a physical address so I can at least mapquest this place?

Thanks

JW

9/5/09, 2:39 AM   #2
Re: Directions to LPS
wolfracer69

will you have a car or just driving to see a good show

9/5/09, 2:43 AM   #3
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
will you have a car or just driving to see a good show
I asked for directions and you respond this way?

I will just be watching but I still don't know where I am going!

9/5/09, 2:50 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWatt View Post
I looked on the website and could not find any directions. I will be traveling north on HWY41 until I reach Terre Haute. Can someone please give me a physical address so I can at least mapquest this place?

Thanks

JW
I live in Terre Haute. The fastest way is to take I-70 East till you get to the Putnamville exit (it's the one after the Brazil exit). Turn left when you get to the stop sign at the top of the ramp. That highway will take you all the way to US-40 in Putnamville (it winds around some, in getting you there). Turn left onto US-40 and you are there, less than 1/4 mile after you enter the highway. The first drive is the pit entrance. The second entrance will take you up the hill and to the grandstand.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post:
9/5/09, 2:59 AM   #5
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I live in Terre Haute. The fastest way is to take I-70 East till you get to the Putnamville exit (it's the one after the Brazil exit). Turn left when you get to the stop sign at the top of the ramp. That highway will take you all the way to US-40 in Putnamville (it winds around some, in getting you there). Turn left onto US-40 and you are there, less than 1/4 mile after you enter the highway. The first drive is the pit entrance. The second entrance will take you up the hill and to the grandstand.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry! That is the kind of information I needed to see! Enjoy your trip to WI!!!

JW

9/5/09, 3:01 AM   #6
wolfracer69

well the reason i said what i did there are different ways to get there some are better than others for pulling a trailor. off of 41 you get on inst70 east then you can get off on 59 north to brazil and get on 40 east go about 10 miles than just past prison it will be on your left there are 2 entrances can get to hill either way, or you can go 70 east to 243 putnamville exit and go north till you get to u.s. 40 you are in putnamville turn left or west about a 1/4 mile on your right, or go 70 east to exit 41 231n greencastle go north or turn left go to u.s. 40 turn left or west go 5 miles the track is on your right hope this helped i go all the time glad to help if i can

9/5/09, 3:04 AM   #7
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
well the reason i said what i did there are different ways to get there some are better than others for pulling a trailor. off of 41 you get on inst70 east then you can get off on 59 north to brazil and get on 40 east go about 10 miles than just past prison it will be on your left there are 2 entrances can get to hill either way, or you can go 70 east to 243 putnamville exit and go north till you get to u.s. 40 you are in putnamville turn left or west about a 1/4 mile on your right, or go 70 east to exit 41 231n greencastle go north or turn left go to u.s. 40 turn left or west go 5 miles the track is on your right hope this helped i go all the time glad to help if i can
Sorry! Thought you were messing with me!

should be able to get there, if not I do not need my license!

Hope to see some of IOW regulars there tomorrow night!

JW

9/5/09, 12:50 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWatt View Post
Sorry! Thought you were messing with me!

should be able to get there, if not I do not need my license!

Hope to see some of IOW regulars there tomorrow night!

JW
Jason,

I have it entered as US40, Putnamville, IN, 46170 in my GPS. If you want to miss the Terre Haute traffic, turn right at Stuckeys, (Harlan Road), follow that road until it ends (about four miles), turn left, follow that road until you hit Highway 46, turn left, and drive until you get to I70. You will come out at Exit 11. Follow I70 to Exit 37 (Putnamville exit), turn left on Hwy. 243 and in about four miles you will come to US40 and you are virtually at the track.

9/5/09, 8:53 PM   #9
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Jason,

I have it entered as US40, Putnamville, IN, 46170 in my GPS. If you want to miss the Terre Haute traffic, turn right at Stuckeys, (Harlan Road), follow that road until it ends (about four miles), turn left, follow that road until you hit Highway 46, turn left, and drive until you get to I70. You will come out at Exit 11. Follow I70 to Exit 37 (Putnamville exit), turn left on Hwy. 243 and in about four miles you will come to US40 and you are virtually at the track.
Yeah thats the way I always go.... traffic in TH sucks!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Directions to LPS