IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Cone-traversey
6/4/18, 9:00 AM   #11
interpreter66

Chuck I think the best solution for you would be for you to have somebody videotape your driver and just your driver that way if there's an issue you will have video proof and won't have to rely on somebody not getting your driver in their shot
Last edited by interpreter66; 6/4/18 at 9:03 AM.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, Chuckwells, luckybuc97, midget39, tirespinner
6/4/18, 9:11 AM   #12
Re: Lawrenceburg Cone-traversey
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

sometimes in racing you win by the rules and sometimes you lose by the rules. In Dickie's long career there is probably an instance that he became the racer that got a break and now someone else did. I am sure that he is popular at that track and they probably felt bad about having to implement the rule. However, put your self in DiMattia's shoes if they did not implement the rule.

6/4/18, 10:03 AM   #13
TQ29m

While I understood the cone thing, I really had no real thoughts on it, same for me, as anyone else, however, it became very frustrating at times, when you ended up behind a "cripple", and had to wait your turn to go past the cone, it seemed to work best, when they placed it in a turn, it was easier to see, and also easier to watch, plus most folks were riding high, to get a good start at the straights, but like they say, sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield, just an uncontrolled part of racing. JMHO! Bob

2 members like this post: Chuckwells, tirespinner
6/4/18, 10:17 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I totally understand the frustration. You were in the point lead and a non transfer kills you.

I don't know any racing below Nascar and Indycar that has multi cams or for that matter ever had a officials decision overturned by video. Even Eldora.

It's kinda like jumping the start, It's always unfair if your the one who got called for it, but it was the right call to everyone who didn't.

I've also seen dozens of times where they've helped teams, Allowing up to 23 to start the feature and even once 27 when technically somebody should get ticked that they're allowed to gain position and points when they typically wouldn't have made the feature. I know lots of tracks that always run a consi when there are 21 cars or more. Times where they paid start money to someone who blew up in a heat and couldn't take the green for the feature. Times stayed late helping a team get a car loaded due to a malfunctoning hauler.

Oh well, Like I said, Im a fan of JSR and have been when Jason was with us.

I do know one thing, If I had a employee doing a job, Id back that employee until it was proven they were incompetent. I see no reason why someone would make that call if it wasn't true.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/4/18 at 10:19 AM.

5 members like this post: Chuckwells, flagboy55, Jim Gardner, Newport13, Ricks Pics
6/4/18, 12:45 PM   #15
PIT CART

At least you didn't act like Tyler Walker when he hit the cone.
LOL

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Chuckwells, fish, luckybuc97, tirespinner
6/4/18, 5:58 PM   #16
Chuckwells

You guys are missing the point here. I am totally ok with the cone and the ruling. I was saying as a track promoter or owner I would want all my guys covered. If an official makes a call and somebody disagrees. Here you go here is the video no questions asked. You are making it much more complicated than it is. It’s really very simple lol.

6/4/18, 6:06 PM   #17
kdobson

And then what do you do if the video shows he didn't hit the cone? Tracks can apologize with or without video... but you still aren't going to get the win or points if there was racing left to complete after it happened.
Last edited by kdobson; 6/4/18 at 6:08 PM.

5 members like this post: luckybuc97, Newport13, PJ Wright, Sandy Lowe, spankytoo
6/4/18, 6:09 PM   #18
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwells View Post
You guys are missing the point here. I am totally ok with the cone and the ruling. I was saying as a track promoter or owner I would want all my guys covered. If an official makes a call and somebody disagrees. Here you go here is the video no questions asked. You are making it much more complicated than it is. It’s really very simple lol.
The tracks call is official and final, it's really very simple.

6/4/18, 6:20 PM   #19
revjimk

Track is under no obligation to record the start, but from this discussion, it seems it would be better if they did....
Good things can always be improved....

1 member likes this post: Chuckwells
6/4/18, 6:25 PM   #20
Chuckwells

It’s easy, you give the guy back his transfer spot. It’s obvious you aren’t getting what happened in this particular situation. The video could be checked while the other race was being staged. If he hit it ruling stands if he didn’t you give him his transfer spot . Way over thinking this really. This isn’t like the NFL when we are gonna take 15 minutes to go over 20 different angles Jesus . Also there would only be certain times and situations that a ruling could be challenged. Restarts and other critical situations when a ruling was made by an official. I also I believe there should be a state sanctioning body created and present at each race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Cone-traversey