IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Millstream Updates
9/11/16, 11:36 PM   #21
sprinter14

Had to do victory lane and payout. Courtney, Clouse, Swanson, Cottle, Smith was top 5

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Jerry Spencer, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
9/11/16, 11:38 PM   #22
sprinter14

6-10 was Kyle Simon, Matt Westfall, Chris Gurley, Justin Owen and Chad Wilson - Kyle Simon was hard charger of the race.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
9/11/16, 11:41 PM   #23
sprinter14

My apologies for the delay in posting the finish - I typed the top 5 as I was headed to victory lane and forgot to hit the "submit reply" button. Then I wound up doing the payout and everything before I realized it had not posted. We were short handed tonight but overall a very smooth show. Congrats to the Baldwin team and Sunshine and we hope Westerfeld, Andretti and Gardner best wishes and hope they aren't too sore tomorrow after some pretty scary rides!

9/11/16, 11:52 PM   #24
Ldd450

Thanks 4 the updates!!!!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/12/16, 3:03 AM   #25
TKRacing

Baldwin and sunshine? What happened to Windom?

9/12/16, 11:01 AM   #26
Re: BOSS Millstream Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's really amazing how much Aaron gets around. I doubt there is a person at the track he doesn't say hi to or chat with for a period at some point that wants too.

Was great of Chad Wilson, Cooper Clouse, Team Fischesser/Owens and Westerfeld and the guy from PA to bring there cars around front early and chat with fans that wanted too. I chatted with Cooper and Wilson for a good amount of time and it seems strange to talk to racers and mention the last time that I was at the track was ten years before you were born.

The racing IMHO was great. Lots of two and three wide. The tracks kinda like Kokomo with longer straights as it's egg shaped and not much bank. Turns one and two are tighter to make room for the track entrance.

Sunshine ran down Cottle and battled for well more than half the feature with sunshine laying the bomb sliders on Cottle in one, and Cottle crossing back under. Sunshine would go into three on the wall. get into what cushion was left and throw a rooster tail of dirt all the way through. Cottle tried it later and slapped the wall hard in four but continued but fell back, Later Andretti who had worked his way back up to second started running the extreme high one foot cushion on the wall and was gaining on Sunshine but out of nowhere Andretti takes about five flips after smacking the wall. Gardner earlier had tried a slider in the same spot and took a nasty. Early in the feature Westerfeld caught the turn two wall and flipped.

As I said, I enjoyed the racing, Great car count, Track was ok, little dusty at times but they raced all over it from a couple inches off the wall to the inner wall. A couple rear to win runs. And Kyle Simon was the show of the night coming from the rear of the B to win and from 22nd to at one point 4th in the feature and finished 6th (Thats what I mean about a fair shot to race your way in and make things happen)

All that said, Something happened before the racing started that I didn't really want to be there the rest of the night and depending on the answer I get from a email to the track will determine my coming back or not.

Was good to see several people from several tracks that I've met before and chat.

1 member likes this post: Newport13
9/12/16, 11:01 AM   #27
dustbowl

Chris had prior plans, the topps team had the weekend off, and The Baldwin team wanted to go racing. Big daddy will be back in the saddle at Terre Haute

9/12/16, 4:40 PM   #28
BrentTFunk

I thought it was good show, though a little long for a Sunday night. I liked the track, it was like Terre Haute straights with Paragon radius turns. It was good for sprints. I thought the facility was nice and well kept up. I thought the track was racy. Sure it got a little dusty, but it is Ohio. My only small complaint was the program took a little longer than I had hoped, but in fairness they did have several reds. Hope to come back again.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 9/12/16 at 4:42 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Newport13, tirespinner
9/12/16, 5:20 PM   #29
sprinter14

Only 2 classes and an exhibition for vintage cars. We tried our best to keep it moving but 5 heats, 2 B's and a 25 lap feature just in the sprints alone - We appreciate everyone who came out on a Sunday with a lot of folks having to work the next day.

9/12/16, 6:18 PM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
Only 2 classes and an exhibition for vintage cars. We tried our best to keep it moving but 5 heats, 2 B's and a 25 lap feature just in the sprints alone - We appreciate everyone who came out on a Sunday with a lot of folks having to work the next day.
I thought you did everything you could. If there are no reds, the show is over an hour earlier. I wasn't unhappy.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Millstream Updates