IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
12/11/21, 12:05 PM   #31
Re: AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Tim, I can’t disagree. However there’s only so many dates to go around. And why take a chance on something different when you have something that’s already working. Maybe I didn’t articulate my point correctly. First, central Illinois has some great bullrings. Second, I’m just sayin it would be great to see some USAC races on these tracks. Third, I feel in order for it to work it would take some extra work from the tracks and USAC. I’m not sure how we got talking about the Outlaws because I believe this thread is about the USAC schedule. As much as I want to elevate my beloved United States Auto Club, as far as popularity goes, there’s really no comparison. But then again many Motorsport fans think NASCAR is entertaining
I'm the one who invoked the WoO's only to reinforce the fact that dirt open wheel racing hasn't been a lucrative venture for places such as Fairbury, Farmer City (FC ran some unsanctioned wingless shows a few years ago to no avail). Given that Fairbury attempted to make money promoting the WoO's and seemed to fall short I thought it pertinent. Farmer City and La Salle couldn't really sustain open wheel racing, either.

In Illinois, the people who run Fairbury are to DLM racing what Kenny Dobson (should mention Bob Sargent, as well) is to open wheel racing. They are as good as anyone in the business at promotion and giving their fans what they want. If the folks at Fairbury can't monetarily justify a WoO's show there is absolutely no reason to believe USAC could buck the trend. That was the analogy I was attempting to make by mentioning the WoO's. Didn't mean to deviate from the original topic.
Last edited by ISF; 12/11/21 at 12:19 PM.

12/11/21, 12:23 PM   #32
Re: AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
The best kept secret in Illinois is Charleston Speedway. Bad fast 3/8s, saw some 3wide midget action and great WAR sprints there last year. Check it out if you get the chance you will not be disappointed. Coolers are allowed.
Went there this year for first time with Jim for POWRI midget show. Was completely blown away snd will definitely be looking to see what’s on their agenda next year.

2 members like this post: ISF, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule