IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 usac
12/9/12, 7:46 AM   #51
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Midget schedule looks like i will be able to catch a few but the sprints don't look good for our travel pattern here in cheeseland. Great for Indiana people but for us the only worthy road trip looks like the Gas City Putnamville nights back to back. No big race at Eldora and no spring triple header like has been in the past. Not a complainer just airing an opinion.
Tim, if USAC is running a show 1 night on a given weekend in Indiana, I can bet you that on the other night of that weekend most USAC guys will run somewhere in the Hoosier state. So there is always a reason to hit another race! And we haven't seen the MSCS schedule yet. Which should create some weekends worthy of a trip.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
12/9/12, 11:07 AM   #52
Re: 2013 usac
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
Tim, if USAC is running a show 1 night on a given weekend in Indiana, I can bet you that on the other night of that weekend most USAC guys will run somewhere in the Hoosier state. So there is always a reason to hit another race! And we haven't seen the MSCS schedule yet. Which should create some weekends worthy of a trip.

Posted via Mobile Device
Good point. My problem is that i really need to be choosy cause i can only make 3 weekend trips per year. I get what you are telling me though and you are correct.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
12/9/12, 4:52 PM   #53
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Can someone please take the time to cut and paste this to the board. Some of us have facebook blocked at our place of employment.
That's because your suppose to be working!

1 member likes this post: racefan20
12/9/12, 10:21 PM   #54
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I hope Eldora has a Saturday July or August USAC show even if it is a standard show. The 50th show I thought was great last year.
Eldora has basically become a hotbed for Late Models, WoO and special shows for NASCAR hoopla and an alphabet soup of other sanctioning bodies. So much for history and tradition, thanks Tony.

12/9/12, 10:56 PM   #55
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Eldora has basically become a hotbed for Late Models, WoO and special shows for NASCAR hoopla and an alphabet soup of other sanctioning bodies. So much for history and tradition, thanks Tony.
Has to be Tony's bad decision making.They get about 1400 for a USAC sprint race, 14,000 for a WOO race, and 18,000 plus for LM race? And he doesn;t have to deal with a certain shumbody.

2 members like this post: Russ, tennesseeracefan
12/10/12, 8:24 PM   #56
BrentTFunk

I know I am not keeping with the negatve theme, But I have been mapping it out my calender and it looks OK to me. Not perfect, as I would like all races at my hometrack and no other tracks to run that night. I also applaud POWRi, USAC, and all the tracks for the co sanction shows. Hopefully it will be a good safe season.

5 members like this post: billwill7, FishBurger, Honest-Sam, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 usac