Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain in Kokomo
4/19/13, 8:58 PM   #11
Re: Rain in Kokomo
Jerry Spencer

[quote=BrandonT30;326726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
I just got a chance to look around and take some picture's the people in this town are amazing, I had my work shirt on (City of Kokomo) and people were just going crazy over the work being done to try and save there property. The fireman going house to house in boats getting people to dry ground is a site to remember, at this point in time a fireman / policeman could run for pope and get the job that is how grateful people are in this time of tradegy. They are not mad just very thankful for everything those guys and gals are doing as the water rises.

No doubt in times like these the people of Kokomo come together as one.

I took some pictures but do not know how to get them to the computer, as of this time there are two bridges open to get across Kokomo, Dixon and U.S. 31 I am not sure about Apperson due to the evacuation in the area.

Stay safe everybody

And then the snow and ice start in with a vengence.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon[/QUOTE

This is the worst flood we've seen in a very long time seen this from the Kokomo Tribune
Kokomo Tribune is reporting "The Howard County Commissioners have declared a state of emergency extending through at least the next seven days. Also, the City of Kokomo has issued a press release declaring this the worst flood on record. The water is 18.34 feet above the base of Wildcat Creek and is the highest recorded since the gauge was installed in 1950."
18.70 as of 8:50 pm on the level and rising fast. You are right there has been a state of emergcency, early this morning most of the rescues where from people driving down the road and hitting high water in places that do not normally flood.
Imagine driving down 26 and all the sudden your car is up to its windows in water, that went on all night. Just north of the Kokomo Speedway they had to close the highway due to the water being 3 to 4 feet deep.

At the WasteWater plant we have water coming out of the power boxes (480) due to the buried lines. The Markland bridge just east of the plant measures 15.74 feet (796.00 sea level evauluation) needless to say it has been under water for some time now.

The city was as prepaired as we could be but this deal was more than any of us could have expected.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 4/19/13 at 9:12 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrandonT30
4/19/13, 9:09 PM   #12
Re: Rain in Kokomo
BrandonT30

This is so sad I hate to see our community dealing with such a disaster its really bad everywhere around the city I never thought we'd see a flood worse than the one in 03 but this tops that flood. I pray for everyone not only in Kokomo but the state.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rain in Kokomo